Averaging fees over the yrar - what about bank holidays?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Averaging fees over the yrar - what about bank holidays?

Ive had a parent ask me about averaging payments over the year so she doesn't get a big bill in the holidays which I'm fine with in principle but they come on a Monday & I don't care for her on bank holidays so not sure how I should charge. Ie child does 3 days a week year round wraparound during term time and all day in the holidays but doesn't attend bank holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

When I do mine I create a table showing what the normal payment would be each month and a total for the year. I then divide by 12.

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

What does it say on her contract? Have you said you will charge for bank holidays? I don't charge for any bank holidays as I don't want to work on them days. Some cm's do. I do my bills termly. I sit and work out each days attendance multiply by hourly rate then divide the total by 4 months which results in 4 equal payments. You need to be organised to do an annual bill. You need to know when you will have your holidays way in advance, that's if like me you don't charge for your time off. Although you could do alterations later in the year for any amendments. Plus, you also have to think ahead and decide how you are going to tackle if the parent is consistently late picking their child up. Will you charge separately or let it go a few times and then say you will be charging and next month's bill will be an extra £xx for those late pickups. Put it will be wonderful not to have to sit and do montly bills.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Well contractually they should pay 51 weeks a year inc BHols. I close for a week at Christmas & take 4 weeks paid leave a year - anything move is free & I'd refund likewise illness but it's so I don mind doing that. That said (& where it get difficult!) is because I have been invoicing them based on the days booked in for the month ahead, I've never actually charged them for bank holidays.