Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No funded children

For the first time in about 4 years I have no children claiming funding. It is a third less than my hourly fee per hour and so to say I'm relieved is an understatement. Now I have to think... Do I take myself off the list altogether? Or just not take on children who need funding? But then what do I do if current families want funding when their children are old enough? Has anyone told current families that they cannot claim funding with them after they have offered it previously? The next child I currently look after who will be able to be funded will be from sept but I would hate to think I would lose the family. I know I can't have my cake and eat it but if the funded rate was higher I wouldn't even be considering it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would stay on the funding register. It doesn't mean you have to take on any funded children, or even offer it to current families, but it does mean you've still got the option available if you decide you do want to do it at some point.

Everything is a bit up in the air at the moment with funding rates. No one knows what they will be when the 30 hours funding comes in. It might be that the rate in your area increases so it is worthwhile doing it. There's no point coming off the register now then finding you need to go back on it at a later date.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We sign an annual agreement in surrey so I am on it until July and then have to sign up again for new school year. I'd be surprised if the funding rate changes next sept but yes it makes sense to see what it is before deciding. It seemed like a great idea at first but I have slowly become resentful of it and the families I have had on it either only use funding or use such a small amount of additional hours that I can't make up the shortfall by charging a stupid amount for the other hours without literally charging a stupid amount if that makes sense. I won't come off it as such but will wait and see if I sign up again for next school year or not.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am able to offer funding, but it's up to me if I do or not! I only start funded children at the beginnings of terms (although currently in North Yorkshire childminders can get funding applied whenever a child starts) and I only do it if it suits me/fits in.
    Currently funding is a little more than I charge, but it is 'under review'. The moment i am making a loss, I will stop taking funded children.