Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens speech

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by agency12 View Post

We (I'm talking as a nursery now) are getting all our parents NI numbers for the council, to get the funding they will at some point have to evidence they are working
    I did wonder if that was going to be another admin task we would have to perform

At the moment I take copies of birth certificates for 3 & 4 year old funded children, although most of them have been with me since they were babies so I know how old they are.

When the 2 year old funding was for disadvantaged 2 year olds I know parents had to apply to the LA, who issued them with a letter saying they were eligible. I don't offer funding for 2 year olds, but I've got a feeling the providers now have to assess eligibility.

If/when the 30 hours funding comes in I wonder who will have to check that parents are working for the required number of hours?

Simona Guest

Agency12...providers do not need to get parents' NI number for free childcare... BUT... they need it for claiming the EYPP... NOT the 'free' childcare as that goes by age
    When providers fill in the LA census we have to put the child's date of birth and post code...the LA then carries out the required tests for eligibility

This is the model form for EYPP from DfE ...we can devise our own and LAs are already working out one for themselves.
    I do recall posting it a while back.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...er-for-parents

Agencies can administer the funding for Cms but cannot cream off...look at the agency handbook.
    Some agencies will, for instance, administer the Childcare vouchers...all these tasks are things cms can do for themselves but remember that agencies are to recruit new cms who may be less aware of the administrative tasks so the agency will help....at a cost of course.

Yes...by the way policy is going I can see why nurseries will want to become an agency...expansion and lack of places come to mind so where they cannot offer the free hours CMs come in handy...and that will happen with schools who are registered as an agency too.
    Last edited by Simona; 29-05-2015 at 09:54 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm, seems our local authority is getting ahead of themselves in asking for parental information - I'm going to mull this one over

Simona Guest

Hmmm, seems our local authority is getting ahead of themselves in asking for parental information - I'm going to mull this one over
    Not really as EYPP comes in Sept 2015.....they are getting in line with DfE guidance which was published a while back in February 2015
    All that remains is for Ofsted to tell us how they will judge how EYPP is making a difference ...that is still a grey area.

Post Thanks / Like

Well typically the council ask - what have you/will you spend the pupil premium on ... So presumably we'll have to evidence the PP is being allocated to particular children and not others

Simona Guest

Well typically the council ask - what have you/will you spend the pupil premium on ... So presumably we'll have to evidence the PP is being allocated to particular children and not others
    The DfE has allocated 1.5 millions to LAs to get ready for EYPP.
    Many LAs run training sessions to pass on info to providers together with forms to be filled.
    They can support and suggest how we can spend and evidence this to Ofsted who remain the judge if it is making a difference to those eligible children.
    I have attended 2 sessions...EYPP can be used for all children...although we can only claim for eligible ones...there are too many examples to list here but one that comes up a lot is employing a SLT to improve communication and language skills but all children can participate.
    we can pool money together with other CMs or settings...again many examples on how to use this .
    CMs agencies will receive the EYPP from their LA then pass it on to their cms.

Here are some links with more info

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e...-pupil-premium

Early Years Pupil Premium Guidance for Providers | From pregnancy to children aged 5

https://www.gov.uk/early-years-pupil...al-authorities

The only issue left is how Ofsted will judge and grade us on the use of EYPP...that will come soon as well as being included in the updated EYFS when that is reviewed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12