Fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fees

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

Hi,
    This might sound silly but I'm just starting up and I decided to charge a full time fee and a different part time fee. Which I thought would be good.
    Now that I'm getting loads of enquiries I'm unsure if I should class full days ( say only 1 or 2 days) as a full time charge or apart time charge?
    What would your thoughts be if you read that I charged different prices and you only wanted 1 full day?

Thanks
    Wendz x

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

I just charge per hour and always have done. The only time I charge differently is for unsociable hours and then it's double. I know some minders have a daily rate so the same fee for a 5/6 hour day as a 10 hour but I prefer to get paid for the hours I do. I'm probably in the minority here but it suits me so I think you have to do what suits you best.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

For me 40 hrs per week would be FT and anything less PT. I also have different hourly rates for FT and PT places.

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that, I was getting myself confused and didn't want the parent to expect me to charge her the lower rate seeing as she has a full day booked.
    Thank you
    Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Just be careful if you advertise your fees. If you do a good idea is to maybe advertise your part time fee but say full timers (40 hours +) get a reduced rate?

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always charged per hour too. Higher rate for less than 35 hours though