Half term retaining fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Half term retaining fees

Hello everyone,
    I usually charge half fee for the parents who don't use my service in the half terms. I have a school child who normally attends to my setting everyday between 3.30pm till 6pm. If this child attends only one whole day during the half term, do I charge my full daily fee plus half fee of the weekly charge or only charge for that day ? Please help !
    Thanks for your answers.

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge full fee for time used and half fee for time unused x

3. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I too would charge for the full day she attends and then half fee for the other days/hours when she is not attending.

xxx

5. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    sept 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faydin View Post
    Hello everyone, I usually charge half fee for the parents who don't use my service in the half terms. I have a school child who normally attends to my setting everyday between 3.30pm till 6pm. If this child attends only one whole day during the half term, do I charge my full daily fee plus half fee of the weekly charge or only charge for that day ? Please help ! Thanks for your answers.
    I write in my contracts "A retainer fee is required to hold your child's place over school holidays. this is half the normal fee to be paid in advance. Should you require me to care for your child during a retainer period I will charge £4 per hr on top of the retainer fee."

So the parent would pay the retainer fee in advance and then be charged full fee for the whole day I cared for their child.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a flat fee system for before/after school, calculated on the logical assumption that before/after school care will, by definition, be term-time only. Then any schoolies attending during holidays are charged by the hour as ad hoc care.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your replies xx

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charging holiday care only

Hello. can I jump on board this thread? I've been trawling through trying to find an answer to my query but not successful.
    I have one of my current mindee about to turn 3 that will be leaving to attend school nursery in September. Tough decision for mum as she would have preferred little one to be with me but the school entries give priority to children who attend their nursery.

Mum however would like me to have her little during half terms only for 2 days weekly. Do I charge a retainer during term time to hold those two days? My retainer fees are normally half of daily fee. But how would she pay this - during term time spread out? Half term is only 13 weeks. Bearing in mind this little one will be paying daily rate during half term as holding an 3 y/o place.

Hope you understand what I am asking.........tia. If you have any suggestions please advise.

Thanks

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So the only care she wants is 2 day in half term holiday- or 2 days in every school holiday?
    Either way I'd do that as ad-hoc. I would not save a space for that. She'd have to request the days and see if I have space, then pay in advance the fee for the hours requested. And just work like that each school holiday.

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faydin View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I usually charge half fee for the parents who don't use my service in the half terms. I have a school child who normally attends to my setting everyday between 3.30pm till 6pm. If this child attends only one whole day during the half term, do I charge my full daily fee plus half fee of the weekly charge or only charge for that day ? Please help !
    Thanks for your answers.
    I agree with bunyip and moggy, just do ad hoc. Usually works for me as I have term time only children and also school holiday only children and as yet haven't had to say no to any.