Possible new client
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Possible new client

Just waiting for my pre reg visit and hope to be up and running from sept , last week a lovely couple visited me with their toddler , everything was great went through everything but didn't sign contracts , told me she would call me Saturday , didn't call so I called them and they said that they loved everything about my setting , but they couldn't afford me as I am more expensive than who they are presently using, I have said I would look again at figures and have lowered my hourly fee by 50 p a hour , which is what I would get for a funded child, she still hasn't got back to me . Have decided that if she dosnt get back to me pronto then if another client registers first then I won't be able to offer that price.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly, I would say don't always believe a parent who says you are more expensive than someone else. Do you have proof that the other person charges less?

Secondly, be very wary of any parent who says anything about not being able to afford you. If they have doubts, chances are they can't afford the fees and it'll always cause a problem and you'll find you're always last to be paid.

If a parent wants to use you, they will usually get in touch by the day they say. If they don't, you shouldn't hang around waiting for them. You should work on a first come, first served basis - whoever signs up first & pays the deposit gets the space.

Visits often go well, you're sure parents will sign, but you never actually hear from them again. Chalk it up to experience, move on & keep your fingers crossed someone else will be along soon

Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I wouldn't hold out for them, carry on advertising at the price you want per hour, more families will come along, it's very rude they didn't get back to you but unfortunately that's something we get used too, do not sale yourself short. Good luck x

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you your right , my charges are good for this area .

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi just to catch up , didn't realise that it's all a game !, parent text me Monday to ask if I had revised my figures , I had and emailed it to them on the Sunday in email they said they had looked at another childminder but preferred me and would I get back to them Asap , before the evening but only got the text late , I called them and left message on answerphone , dint hear anything today so I called again saying If they don't get back to me I was booking a Holiday , she text back saying as they hadn't heard from me they had gone with the other minder - why didn't they phone if they wanted me , are they playing a game

Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't beat yourself up by it, truthfully I would be glad they went somewhere else I think they would honestly be lots of trouble, just forget it and move on there are others out there that will need you and respect you and your business without haggling on prices etc.