Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Notice

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Notice

Hi can anyone help. One of my parents has today given me notice that I'll be losing two of my mindees, (they are siblings), in August, one who I have one day a week and the other in the holidays only. I'm taking the 1st week and last week of August off. The parent has asked that the 20th August be the last day I have the two kids. Would I invoice her just up until 20th or have the full month as my four weeks notice.

I invoice this particular parent each month and get paid the 1st of each month. I don't get paid in advance.

How do you work notice out?

What do other childminders do with regards to payments? Are you paid in advance or something else?

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The parent has to pay four weeks from the date she gives notice but should not include holiday dates if this is stated in your contract

Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

They've already paid for July but I need to invoice them for August, so would you invoice them until the 20th or the end of the month even though that's my holiday week so won't have them. Notice being from today makes it five weeks notice to the 20th.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I would expect 4 weeks paid notice, but I get paid for my holidays so dependent on whether my holidays are due or in arrears at the termination date it therefore reflects in the payment.

From your dates you have been given 4.5 weeks notice Last day 20th August, Is the first week in August unpaid holiday? and therefore you will be getting 3.5 weeks paid notice? so your parents doesn't want to use the 2 remaining days of the final week. For me it wouldn't be worth haggling about but of course this is up to you and how your contract is written. I accept notice to include holidays but not notice to be given when I am on holiday.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I had a parent give notice three weeks before Christmas last year. I had two weeks holiday, which was planned long before, over Christmas so she had to pay for the first week back to make up the four weeks even though the child left at Christmas

Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I get half fees for holidays. Therefore was going to charge half fee for week beginning 4th, full fees for weeks beginning 11th & 18th, but what about the 25th? They'll left on the 20th.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Childminder16 View Post
    I get half fees for holidays. Therefore was going to charge half fee for week beginning 4th, full fees for weeks beginning 11th & 18th, but what about the 25th? They'll left on the 20th.
    week commencing
    21st July - full pay 1 week notice
    28th July - full pay 2 week notice
    4th August - half pay (presuming you have accrued your holidays) 3 week notice
    11th August - full pay 4 weeks notice
    18th August - an additional 3 days full pay?

I don't understand week commencing 25th August?

8. Likes Childminder16 liked this post
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies

10. Likes Koala liked this post