Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Vouchers!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vouchers!

Hi. Has anyone been overpaid through the voucher scheme? If so what did you do? I've been overpaid and ready to refund the parents but some have said that I keep it as it's not my fault, some have said to refund back into the voucher scheme. I've tried contacting the voucher people but it's just constantly engaged.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Unless it's your parents last month with you, I would take the excess money off the next invoice. You cannot refund them with cash as they haven't paid tax or NI on the voucher amount so it would be fraud.

If it's your parents last month with you, you have to refund back to the voucher company

3. Likes Koala, Childminder16, bunyip liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not allowed to pay the parent back using cash. You will need to offset the additional amount against the next invoice. This is what I had to do when a parent accidently paid me twice.

xxx

5. Likes Childminder16 liked this post
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    You are not allowed to pay the parent back using cash. You will need to offset the additional amount against the next invoice. This is what I had to do when a parent accidently paid me twice.

xxx

Thank you both for your replies. Next week is their last time with me but I've been paid until the end of month. Eventually got in touch with voucher people who said that if the parent has paid me cash as well as doing the vouchers I can refund them cash if not it would have to refunded back into the scheme. The parents have paid through standing order too. I hate this side of things. Xxx

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The reason it must not go back directly to the parents is because tax has not been paid on it.

It must go towards childcare, if no more care is being provided by you, then it goes back to the voucher company for the next provider.
    If no provider is being used then the voucher company will refund it back to the parents via their employer, who will deduct the tax on it first.

To refund the parents in cash directly is classed as fraud/tax evasion

8. Likes Childminder16, bunyip liked this post
    Nov 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies. I really appreciate them. Xxx

I did finally get in touch with the voucher people who informed me that if the parent has paid cash as well as through the voucher scheme I can refund them back that way ( the parents have paid me by standing order on some occasions), or refund it back into the voucher scheme.

I hate anything to with the money side of things!

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Childminder16 View Post
    Hi. Has anyone been overpaid through the voucher scheme? If so what did you do? I've been overpaid and ready to refund the parents but some have said that I keep it as it's not my fault, some have said to refund back into the voucher scheme. I've tried contacting the voucher people but it's just constantly engaged.
    If it is constantly engaged email them and specify you want to refund money into the parents' account
    The vouchers company cannot get the refund from your account so you will need to send a cheque or BAC
    Make sure you get confirmation of this transaction.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You certainly can't just keep the money as although it's come from the voucher company, it has been taken from the parents wages and put in a voucher account - it belongs to the parents to use for childcare, either deduct it from next months bill or ask the voucher company for their bank details so you can return it.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If you can't get hold of the voucher company and the parent is leaving then ask her to contact her voucher company or get her employer too.
    Debbie

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

One of my parents got button happy and paid me twice this month. I will carry it over towards the next two months (as term time).

It's no biggie!