Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Deposits... new to me

Hi guys,

I need some advice with deposits and retainers. Up until now I've been far too lenient with my parents and just let them pay for hours used and they have walked all over me, not sending they're child when they can't afford it, changing their hours whenever they feel like it... its been a nightmare and completely my own doing

Anyway most of my children are leaving in September to go to school...Phew!! I now have new parents enquiring about spaces so I have a couple of questions to try to make myself stronger...

One parent has asked for 2 days term time starting from middle of September which will be £56 p/w, so I need advice on deposits and holiday retainer.

Another parent wants 5 days starting from some time in September, about £130 worth p/w, how much deposit would I charge there? they would also like collection and drop off at their house which I don't mind doing but for a charge (I currently do one for free and its giving me the hump...Again my own fault!) what is a reasonable charge for this?

Sorry for waffling but I've made myself so miserable with my current parents that I actually considered giving minding up

I made the mistake of minding for friends...advice to you all DON'T DO IT!!

Post Thanks / Like

For the term time enquiry you could charge half retainer over the holidays to keep the space available or you could tell them you dont charge in the holidays but increase your fee for the 39 weeks theyll need.
    With the full timer you could take a deposit of a month/4 weeks which is non refundable if place isnt taken up and take it as first months fees or take it and knoxk it off as final months fees when they leave. Depends if you think paying 2 months fees (deposit and month in advance) is going to put parent off then you may want to knock off first months fees. Make sure you make it clear its non refundable and place is still classed as available until deposit is paid.
    Hope this helps, just some tips ive picked up off some other cms on here x

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a baby starting in august term time what I done was worked out how much per week £135 times it by 40 weeks and divide by 12 mnths therefore I always have a monthly income
    I also take £50 holding dep and this Is non refundable should parent not take the place