Parents found out how much i get for funded hours!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, If she works at a nursery, she knows the rules! Cheeky so n so! 15 hrs free at the point of delivery, amount of funding received is irrelevant, some get more, some get less-not her lookout.
    She pays full fee for all hours over and above that, same as parents at the nursery! If she is on a day rate now then my suggestion is to put her on an hourly rate. That way there can be no confusion over fees paid. My bills are written as Mouse's are.

Mouse, we get £6.40 an hour too. We are very lucky compared to some of you x

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

How do I actually apply to provide the funding? Ive looked on Telford council website (my LA) and it says parents can choose from a variety of childcare (including childminders) but doesnt say how to provide it.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    How do I actually apply to provide the funding? Ive looked on Telford council website (my LA) and it says parents can choose from a variety of childcare (including childminders) but doesnt say how to provide it.
    Contact your LA and they will go through it with you and send yoiu the forms.

Xxx

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay thankyou, will do once registered :-)

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for hijacking the thread but can you provide funding before you have your first graded inspection? x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dusky777 View Post
    Hi i hope someone can help?

I havent currently accepted the 3year old vouchers but i have said that the los that turn 3 over the summer can from Sept. The problem i have is one of the parents works in a nusrsery and has come to me saying i know you get £96 a week for the free vouchers so if i send lo full time ill only need to pay £44 wont i???!!! (i charge £28 a day) While im not sure on the correct amount as i dont currently claim as i have no 3 yr olds i am sure its around that amount.

So, any advise please? Can i do this or should it just be the 15 hours?

Thanks
    This parent has not discovered anything that is rocket science!!
    the funding rate by each LA can be easily be seen as we can now compare LA from LA online...do a quick search and find out what your LA gives you in funding
    If she works in a nursery then the nursery will get exactly the same as you...what is her problem?

If she is calling the Free Entitlement 'free vouchers' she is years behind in terminology

All you need to do is invoice her and make clear the hours that are 'free' and what you can charge outside of the FE which is all your LA needs to see for accountability

Good luck

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post

This parent has not discovered anything that is rocket science!!
    the funding rate by each LA can be easily be seen as we can now compare LA from LA online...do a quick search and find out what your LA gives you in funding
    If she works in a nursery then the nursery will get exactly the same as you...what is her problem?

If she is calling the Free Entitlement 'free vouchers' she is years behind in terminology

All you need to do is invoice her and make clear the hours that are 'free' and what you can charge outside of the FE which is all your LA needs to see for accountability

Good luck
    Currently childminders in my LA receive a higher higher rate than nurseries or preschools.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    Currently childminders in my LA receive a higher higher rate than nurseries or preschools.
    Well that is great ...not sure why but each LA does as it pleases...some give cms 'grants' for 2 year olds..... still it can be explained to parents.
    If LAs funded preschools more than cms there would be uproar but there you go...it is not a uniform system is it?

Do they tell you why cms get more? interesting !

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In my area childminders get more than nurseries I think it's to do with the actual number of children we care for as preschools/nurseries can have 8 3 or 4 year olds to one staff member where we can only have 3 children .
    Pixie Dust

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post

In my area childminders get more than nurseries I think it's to do with the actual number of children we care for as preschools/nurseries can have 8 3 or 4 year olds to one staff member where we can only have 3 children .
    Yes. I was told it's because there is only me with max 3 children compared to a nursery with several staff and lots of children.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quality costs more

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wee_elf View Post
    Sorry for hijacking the thread but can you provide funding before you have your first graded inspection? x
    I think this is yet another of those things which will depend entirely upon which LA you come under.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    I think this is yet another of those things which will depend entirely upon which LA you come under.
    Yes it happens where LAs are short of funded places...crazy.

Not just for cms still awaiting their first inspection but those Requires improvement are allowed as well...which defeats the object of putting these vulnerable children in high quality settings in my view

It will be interesting to see what happens next year when LAs are funded 'by result' rather than the potential places they can fill.

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another quick question

Thank you for all you replied had a mad few week and forgot about my post.
    Ive decided im putting up my fees in sept and ill just have to wait and see how much i get for the children as your all riht i dont want to be out of pocket if shes got it wrong, which it looks like she might have!!
    Another quick question if anyone can answer, i have 3 wanting voucher from sept 1 2yrs old and 2 3yrs olds. When do LA pay? I cant be doing it if its in arrears not for 3 childrens

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to speak to your la now and put in estimated figures to get 80% payment at beginning of term and 20% at end of term but they have cut off dates so you need to get your la's procedure clear now as they will probably need numbers before end of term (July) or sooner. Don't leave it too late.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My LA pay monthly ... About half way through the month. They work on your estimates and then the last month of the term is adjusted to your actual figures.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dusky777 View Post
    Thank you for all you replied had a mad few week and forgot about my post.
    Ive decided im putting up my fees in sept and ill just have to wait and see how much i get for the children as your all riht i dont want to be out of pocket if shes got it wrong, which it looks like she might have!!
    Another quick question if anyone can answer, i have 3 wanting voucher from sept 1 2yrs old and 2 3yrs olds. When do LA pay? I cant be doing it if its in arrears not for 3 childrens
    Which area are you in, possibly you are in mine and that will make the amount per hour correct. If you are in my area,you need to let la know ASAP how many will be claiming come September, they will email you forms to be filled in, you get paid about 20th of each month. (sometimes earlier)
    When to do your bill you must show the fifteen hours as free and additional hours charged separately at your normal hourly rate, the la will come out and audit you to ensure you are billing correctly. The fifteen hours are for 38 weeks of the year only (1week less than theschool year)
    Parents get 15 hours free not the amount per hour.
    we get paid more here than nurseries as the la worked out how much it costs us to provide childcare and In order to earn a decent wage (they compared it to nursery assistantswent worked out we should be paid £8+ per hour (we don't get that) they calculated the amount nurseries should get based on numbers (smaller nurseries get more per hour) as the more children you have the less it costs per head to provide childcare(think bulk buying). It's a fairway of calculating I think, they also use the whole amount the government provide for childcare on the provision rather than slicing some of it off for other projects/education like many la's do.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to find out what your LA does as here we get 60% at the beginning of term then the rest near the end.
    Pixie Dust

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12