Parents found out how much i get for funded hours!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Parents found out how much i get for funded hours!

Hi i hope someone can help?

I havent currently accepted the 3year old vouchers but i have said that the los that turn 3 over the summer can from Sept. The problem i have is one of the parents works in a nusrsery and has come to me saying i know you get £96 a week for the free vouchers so if i send lo full time ill only need to pay £44 wont i???!!! (i charge £28 a day) While im not sure on the correct amount as i dont currently claim as i have no 3 yr olds i am sure its around that amount.

So, any advise please? Can i do this or should it just be the 15 hours?

Thanks
    Last edited by dusky777; 09-05-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The free funded hours id for 15 hours a week not 20 and it is only for 38 weeks a year not 52.

The 15 hours have to be free any hours over the 15 per week for the 38 weeks may be charged at your normal rate.

If the parent is term time only then her fees will be reduced each of the weeks she uses.

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

The parent can claim up to 15 hours. If she needs more then she'll need to pay your going rate. This is the problem with daily rates and nursery vouchers, where is the cut off line? I prefer hourly rates, easier to work out.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How much does your LA pay for funded hours? £96 for 15 hours (over £6 an hour sounds an awful lot).

If a child comes to me for, say, 35 hours a week, I do 15 hours a week free and 20 hours a week at my standard rate. This is how I invoice it:

Week commencing X Sept

15 hours funded FREE
    20 hours @ £4 per hour £80

For a non-term time week, when there is no funding, it would be:

Week commencing X August

35 hours @ £4 per hour £140

It's irrelevant how much I get paid for the funded hours. It's the 15 hours that are relevant, not the amount you get for them.

For your parent I wouldn't invoice it as:

5 days @ £28 a day = £140
    less funded total £96

Amount due £44

I would do it as above:

15 hours free
    rest of the hours at normal rate

You need to explain that she gets a certain number of hours free, not a certain amount of money paid towards the bill. But as ai say, do double check with you LA how much you get paid as it may be a lot less than the £6.40 she is quoting.
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-05-2014 at 01:49 PM.

6. Likes loocyloo, Ali56 liked this post
    Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where she has got that figure £ from, if you were to get that then your LA would be paying you £6.40ph and that is highly unlikely, we get just over £3 here.
    Obviously she can put her child into your care for more than 15hrs per week and you can charge for those extra hours at your usual hourly rate.

xxx

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

WELL SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!!!!!

She will get 15 hours free not the value equivelant - Who does she think she is?? Telling you what you get!

I am under the impression that no value can be attached to the funding and no mention of it and I would tell your parent this.

What I would do in this case is divide your £28 by the number of hours per day and then multiply by 2.5 (free hours) deduct from £28 and tell her that this is what she pays per day for the additional care - full stop - no further negotiation.

9. Likes Kiddleywinks, alwaysright liked this post
    Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    WELL SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER!!!!!! She will get 15 hours free not the value equivelant - Who does she think she is?? Telling you what you get! I am under the impression that no value can be attached to the funding and no mention of it and I would tell your parent this. What I would do in this case is divide your £28 by the number of hours per day and then multiply by 2.5 (free hours) deduct from £28 and tell her that this is what she pays per day for the additional care - full stop - no further negotiation.
    Exactly I get more for funding as I am level 3 and good (compared to non level 3 and satisfactory childminder I know who gets funding)

I have a sheet somewhere which is a good guide for working it all out for invoicing parents I'll try and upload layer

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So she thinks just because you get £96 from the council you are only going to charge her £44 as in 5x£28 = £140 minus the £96

If she works in a nursery then surely she must know that's not how it works?

Mindee will come 5 full days which I assume is 50hrs a week minus 15 funded meaning she has to pay for 45hrs a week.

Maybe you need to do an hourly rate instead of a daily rate.
    AND......Im cheap at £3.50 per hour which is £35 a day so £28 per day, I think you're selling yourself short....that's so cheap
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

12. Likes Koala, Goatgirl, Ali56, bindy liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everyone else the amount of money you get from the LA is none of this parents business, all she needs be aware of is that she gets 15 hours free childcare if term time only and is allowed to stretch her 570 hours over the whole year. I think the amount can vary tremendously from county to county, think we get £3.61 basic rate and then money added on extra for being a childminder, being open a certain number of hours a week, and a huge 5p extra an hour for maintaining own premises = total for 3 year olds is £4.49 which is higher than my hourly rate of £4.00 but I certainly won't be sharing the extra with the parents. 15 hours is 15 hours!

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I get £2.85 per hour for 3yr olds and £4 85 for 2yr olds .My rates are £3 75 so I gain on one and loose on another
    I agree with previous posts.Its irrelevant what your LA pay they get 15hr free not the amount deducted from their bill !!

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are lucky enough to be paid more than your usual rate that money will improve your setting or give you more in your pocket either way the child only gets 15 hours at your normal hourly rate. If you have a day rate break it down to hourly rate so you can work out how much to take off total bill 15 x your hourly rate, any extra they pay at your normal hourly rate

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hahahahahahaha

Ask her if she'll top up to your full fee when it turns out the funding is less per hour than you actually charge (You can't actually do that I know, but I bet her face would be a picture )

As others have said it's 15 hours she gets funded - working in a nursery she should know better silly woman

17. Likes Maza liked this post
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Bless her, suppose you never know if you don't ask eh?

Your bill needs to be worked out showing the free hours each week as nil for the fee and the additional hours as requested by the parent as x hours time £x equals £x to pay.
    The council works out how much to pay you not her.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    I get £2.85 per hour for 3yr olds and £4 85 for 2yr olds .My rates are £3 75 so I gain on one and loose on another
    I agree with previous posts.Its irrelevant what your LA pay they get 15hr free not the amount deducted from their bill !!

Wow thats a low rate for 3 year olds

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know !! the local nurseries get a bonus for having 8 or more funded 3yr olds which gives about £2 more per hour when averaged out, unfortunately i'm not in a position to take on another 7 funded 3yr olds !!!

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheeky woman. How dare she think she should tell you how it is !! Takes the biscuit

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    Not sure where she has got that figure £ from, if you were to get that then your LA would be paying you £6.40ph and that is highly unlikely, we get just over £3 here. Obviously she can put her child into your care for more than 15hrs per week and you can charge for those extra hours at your usual hourly rate. xxx
    The rate each LA pay varies a lot we get over £6 per hour in the south west it's the same fee for 3 or 2yrs. no extras for Ofsted grade or qualifications but u do have to be gd or above to b eligible. However the county next to us gets less than £3 :-( must be v painful if u live in the boarder.

To the OP - as others have said it is hours the parent are entitled too not monetary value - because all areas are different and rates can be different between settings too. So what the nursery receive could be diff to want a CM receive.
    I wonder if her nursery manager knocks off the monetary value ;-? I v much doubt it but if they do there are some lucky parents and a daft manager ;-0 !

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

whats the phrase i'm looking for..........oh yeah...trying it on!! tell her maybe she does work in a nursery but does she work in the finance office for it? any oney paid form you l.a over and above you rate for the 15 hours is your to improve your setting and not to top up her extra hours!

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently my LA is only £2.75 per hr for funded 3 yr olds so I'd be losing out :-(

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRabbits View Post
    Apparently my LA is only £2.75 per hr for funded 3 yr olds so I'd be losing out :-(
    mines the same but then they very generously add 10p per hour extra for some reason that I cant remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast