Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weekly fees

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly fees

I am just wondering how many of you get paid weekly? & if it works for you?
    I had a parent ask me this morning if she could start paying weekly,
    The only thing I am nervous about is that as she is new I don't know her that well yet and don't want to get into a situation where she is not paying me weekly, or decides to leave at a moments notice or doesn't turn up one morning and doesn't settle the last month
    Nothing surprises me with people anymore and I want to cover myself just incase the above happened.
    Do you think I should try it or politely decline?

Post Thanks / Like

I only get paid weekly, except one of my parents pays monthly.. I get week in advance and it has
    To be in my hand or clear in my bank account by Friday or I text or ring looking for it. If she is only couple days a week I would ask for it to be paid the day she finishes eg
    If she is Tuesday and Wednesday payment is due Wednesday for following week,
    Gives you time to chase it before weekend and before you have to mind child potentially for nothing. Be strict and you can ease up for
    It to be paid by end of week if all goes to
    Plan

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I give parents the option of weekly or monthly. Payment is due the first day o care regardless
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

She is pretty much full days 5 days a week.
    All other parents are monthly which if I am honest works much easier for me
    How I think I am going to work it is invoice on a Monday for the following week, to be paid by Friday.
    If nothing in my account by Friday or the following Monday when she hands her child to me, I simply will not be taking him,
    Can't afford to work for free & simply don't offer free childcare.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kittycat View Post
    She is pretty much full days 5 days a week.
    All other parents are monthly which if I am honest works much easier for me
    How I think I am going to work it is invoice on a Monday for the following week, to be paid by Friday.
    If nothing in my account by Friday or the following Monday when she hands her child to me, I simply will not be taking him,
    Can't afford to work for free & simply don't offer free childcare.
    It may be she gets paid weekly or she gets her tax credits weekly so will find it easier to budget weekly.

What she has asked for is not unreasonable. Just make sure payment on the first day of care as you do on monthly
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Some parents pay me weekly because they get paid weekly. As fussy says, it's not unreasonable and doesn't mean she's going to mess you about. You just have to be on the ball a bit more I guess x

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good - YAY!
    Post Thanks / Like

I invoice monthly but am paid weekly, Mum earns weekly, so it works for her. It's a bit risky, but so far no issues, and the contract is quite clear so if there was a problem I'd have as much chance of showing it as I do with my monthly payers!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I get fees weekly from all but one set of parents as that's what I prefer.

The one who pays monthly asked to go monthly as that was easier for them and I had no problem with it.

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I know when I paid a childminder I could only afford to pay weekly. I paid every Friday evening when I collected my dd. It was I arrears but the cm had to trust me and I'm the type of person who Hates owing money.
    Maybe weekly upfront will suit you better
    Tess1981

10. Likes carol cameron liked this post
    sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

one of my families pay monthly by cheque., the other pays weekly in cash. I have the baby different days each week but fees are the same, so they pay by 6pm on Friday. I explained if they didnt I would add late payment fee per day and no care would be available following week. Never had a problem

12. Likes Kittycat liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    one of my families pay monthly by cheque., the other pays weekly in cash. I have the baby different days each week but fees are the same, so they pay by 6pm on Friday. I explained if they didnt I would add late payment fee per day and no care would be available following week. Never had a problem

Thank you ziggy
    Think I will get her to pay preferably cash on the Friday before the following Monday & if not will charge a late fee etc and no care would follow on the Monday

Because I don't know her, I haven't been able to build up a trusting relationship with her
    She also mentioned using a childminder before :-S so I am a bit wary
    Should I issue a new contract? That states weekly fees, so if I do get her just magically not turn up and refuse to pay the four weeks termination notice, I have a leg to stand on legally

14. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for everyone's help
    I have drawn up a new contract stating weekly fees in advance due the friday before the following week commences.
    Have also stated if no payment is received by that working Monday, that care will be refused
    If payment is still not provided that as stated on small print of our contract after 7days I can terminate our contract and seek legal advise for unpaid fees,

Does this sound ok

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fine but why don't you ask her to set up a standing order into your account ?
    All my parents pay by standing order so much easier and any extra hours paid at the end of the week.
    Just a thought !
    Xx

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have 7 families - one pays monthly, one pays 4 weekly, 4 pay weekly and one (comes 2 days) pays each day. Never had a problem with any