What to charge for three days/nights for three children?!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What to charge for three days/nights for three children?!

I just had an enquiry for three days and nights while parents are on honeymoon.
    It will be for three children, haven't a clue what to ask for?
    I charge £3.75 per hour excluding meals normally and £40 -£50 per night per child for overnights.
    Not sure what would be a fair price?
    Xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would charge your usual price times three. I know some cms give a sibling discount but I don't think it's any less work just because the children are related.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends how much you want the work.

If you charge your normal rate, times by 3, I would imagine it is going to put the parents off. In my experience when parents enquire about that length of care they are looking for a fee that covers all 3 children - like a babysitter who would go to the house & charge a combined fee, not per child.

How old are the children? Do you have space for them all? Will they sleep at your house, or will you take them to heir own house at night and stop over with them (that would be my preferred choice)? How much would a nanny cost for the same time? I would come up with the minimum amount I was prepared to work for start from there.

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

do you know these children or will they just come for these 3 days with you having not had any experience of them? that could be very difficult if they keep you awake at night then you have to work during the day as well with other families

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv got the same but twins for 4nights over May bank holidays. Iv just charged them £30per child per night because it will be my first over nighters so good experience for me and whilst there sleeping (if they sleep through) your not really doing anything either but if they don't sleep through I would charge more x

Post Thanks / Like

I used to childmind 3 days a week & nanny 2 to 4 days a week up to last year. When I was nannying I did a set fee of £120 for 24hrs it started off as as 1 child so good easy money then 3 children a few years along. I really enjoyed it & in fact I always find it easier to have more than one child. That's just my view :-)

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks , it turns out it's just the two now , ages 4 and 5.
    It happens to be a week I have booked off in the summer hols so no others to worry about.
    I'm speaking to her tomorrow but I have offered a fair discount as they should sleep through and it will be nice for my 6 year old to have two nearly her own age to play with.
    They are going to be coming a few times first if she decides to use me.
    So I said I'll do £6.50 per hour during the day instead of £7.50 and £60 per night and that's gone down fine with mom.
    So fingers crossed
    Thanks for your replies x

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysright View Post
    do you know these children or will they just come for these 3 days with you having not had any experience of them? that could be very difficult if they keep you awake at night then you have to work during the day as well with other families
    No I haven't met them but I'm hoping that if they come for a few hours for a few days first they should be ok hopefully anyway! X