Old Moulsham, Chelmsford - Independent School Runs and Fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-Reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old Moulsham, Chelmsford - Independent School Runs and Fees

Hi there, I am a new member to the site and this is my first post, so please be kind!

I am in the pre-registration stages as my house undergoes building works ready for starting in September. I am in Old Moulsham in Chelmsford and have two children of my own aged 2 and 7. One attends private school and I would be doing the school run to the two independent schools on that road.

My home (once the building work has been completed) Will have a dedicated playroom/classroom, large 100ft garden, big kitchen, diner, and will be a beautifully presented 3 bed semi in a desirable location. I have nursery teaching experience and all relevant qualifications.

My question is regarding fees. I have no idea what to charge on a fee front per house/day or for morning and afterschool care. The cost in the area seem to range hugely and I would say that I am trying to cater to the higher end of the market (if this sounds snobby or stuck up, then I do apologise ;-) and know that demand is high for this particular area. I am trying to research fees but most say you need to apply to find out. There is a childminder nearby who is full and has explained that I will be doing those school runs, and parents are begging her for my number so I do not think that it would be difficult to fill up the few spaces I can offer.

If there are any CMs in a similar situation/areas who can offer advice, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Emma

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If you contact your Local Authority they will be able to give you an idea of fees in your area, or a look around the childcare.co.uk website might have some minders showing their fees.

It is up to you what you charge, hourly, sessions, day rate etc
    In my area prices vary between £3 per hour and £4.50 per hour. I charge on average £4 per hour and have 9 children on my books (all part timers)
    I'm happy, so are the parents, but more importantly, so are the children