Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice on wording email to parent

Why, oh why do I feel so guilty

Had a new mindee start approximately 1 month ago

Mum is a nurse and she's contracted to pay for 2 days one week, three days the next , alternating every week

This week was a 2 day week, but mum has been sick so mindee didn't come to me - 2 days care though has been paid

next week is supposed to be a 3 day week, but mum will only be working 2 days and has asked to just pay for the two days she will be
    Working instead of paying for 3 days

The wording on the contract states " should less than three days be worked on a scheduled three day week, the full three days fee is
    Payable"

I know that I've covered myself with the above extract from the contract, but feel guilty that she's not been with me for long, and is
    Paying this week whilst she's been sick and then next week will be paying for a day she hasn't used.

Husband has told me to "man up" and that if I don't charge as per the contract, it won't be long before another similar issue occurs and I should start
    as I mean to go on (I know he.s right)

How do I reply and explain that three days payment is due next week even if she only works two days

Thank you x

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would just keep it simple. Reply 'As per our contract "should less than three days be worked on a scheduled three day week, the full three days fee is
    Payable". You both signed a contract, if you don't enforce it, Mum will expect that she can only pay for two days from now on. She's actually fortunate that you've agreed to waive the fees for the third day in the two day weeks as you'll be unlikely to be able to fill that third day. Good luck, you can do it! Business head on!

3. Likes cathtee, Goatgirl, lisbet liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with Sing-low hope it works out
    Cath

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I also agree with Cathtee's response, and also with your husband

Whilst it's unfortunate events have happened so early into the contract, these things happen, and need to be dealt with as you mean to go on - if you don't follow your own policies and contract terms, how can you expect parents to...?

It is not your fault parent is ill, so don't feel guilty or you may find this issue coming up later on in the contract but with the added argument - well you did it last time

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand your guilt being a soft touch myself but 100% agree with everyone who has posted. It's in the contract, she's signed it so she must agree to it. Yes, it's a shame its so early on but if you waver it you will have a hard time upholding any of your contract points in the future as she can say well last time you did such and such. Good luck xx
    Kelly xx

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ladies, email sent !