Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Payment not recieved

My parents are due to pay me on 1st of the month. I don't normally check until middle of the month when 'I pay myself'. I checked today and one mum hasnt paid me. I called her and she said her bank account had been hacked and she thought the bank had sorted everything and as I hadnt said anything she thought it was ok. My fault I know I should have checked. Is is going to talk to the bank tomorrow. Should I be worried?

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she's lying. She's spent the money on Christmas presents.

If my bank account had been hacked, I would be going through it, checking every day that everything has been sorted, In fact I wouldn't leave the bank until things had been sorted. And I don't think she would.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

What absolutel rubbish. Tell her that you have spoken to the bank (don't bother going, seriously!) and you have received no payment and therefore are charging your late fee from the 1st as per contract.

It is there responsibility to make sure you receive payment, and if it had been hacked did she not think to tell you and ask you to check your payment?

Again, don't be fooled by the 'oh well if you'd have told me I would have checked so there wouldn't be a late fee' rubbish, she should have checked, double checked and then triple checked for good measure.

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a payment from a parent which was sent to me in plenty of time....only for me to receive late...it was my bank that was at fault...... with natwest and it was when they had major problems earlier in the year x

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I find that very hard to believe,
    I think she has just overspent.
    If she was due to pay you on the first she is 15 days late paying you
    I would be reverting back to your late payment policy procedure, but personally if it was me that length of lateness I would stop childminding her child with immediate effect,
    I would also be slapping on a £5 daily late fee x by the 15 days she is late or however more days it takes for payment

That is totally ridiculous and taking the ****, especially at Christmas when we all need money more then ever.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, i'll just say it COULD be her bank at fault - they do sometimes make mistakes but on the other hand I doubt it

honey it is NOT your responsibility to check parents have paid you - a personal one to yourself yes but not to ensure that you tell them whether they've paid you or not - that is their responsibility.

For sake of your relationship, I'd give her benefit of the doubt. Tell her clearly her bank have messsed up so you'd appreciate it if you could keep an eye on it from here on in to make sure it's paid on time or you'll have no option but to charge late fees also ask her to ensure payment in your bank tomorrow or late fees will apply .
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

7. Likes Kiddleywinks, hectors house liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all your support. I did get my money late Friday night part cash and part cheque which she told me she had to loan from a family member. Still not sure if she was telling the truth or not. I didn't charge her a late fee..... It's the first time this has happened to me but I will next time as now I am ready for them!

Someone said she might have over spent. I'm so naive I didn't even think of that.