fee's while at nursery
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fee's while at nursery

Hi does anyone else charge while lo's are at nursery, I will be dropping off and collecting and will still be minding in the school holidays so feel I should charge but just wanted to see if any body else did this xx

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I always have if I'm doing the dropping off and collecting as the placement is still required by the child and cannot be offered to another one xx

apr 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Scrubbit View Post
    Yes I always have if I'm doing the dropping off and collecting as the placement is still required by the child and cannot be offered to another one xx
    Thank you, that's what I thought too x

Post Thanks / Like

I have always charged as the place is theirs whether they use it or not.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge too. I explain to parents that they are paying for a childcare space to be available for their child from x-y all year round and it is their choice not to use my setting for that time and I cannot put anyone else in that space while their child is at nursery. I have one that I only have from 11.30 when not in nursery so still charge from 11.30 although I collect at 12.

Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I charge too. I explain to parents that they are paying for a childcare space to be available for their child from x-y all year round and it is their choice not to use my setting for that time and I cannot put anyone else in that space while their child is at nursery. I have one that I only have from 11.30 when not in nursery so still charge from 11.30 although I collect at 12.
    I do this too, it's worth mentioning when you take children on and having written into your contract.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be one of the endangered species that doesn't charge.

I understand why most CMs do so, and wouldn't criticise anyone who chooses to work that way, but I disagree cos I find CMs aren't always consistent with the logic that it's "taking up a place".

I stress to parents that, in not charging, I am under absolutely no obligation to collect the lo in an emergency or have them if there's eg. a bad weather closure or similar at nursery/preschool. That said, I'll always help if possible. Essentially, I like to know I can drop one mindee at preschool, then not have to concern myself with them until pick-up time. So any mindee staying with me for the morning is entitled to my full service, and not restricted as to what we do cos I'm 'on call' to nursery/preschool.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents know that I don't do any school or nursery runs, so they tend to send child whole days to me or whole days to Nursery.

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge. ....as im first call on an emergency.....so can not fill the place....plus have then in school holidays. ..we also get a weeks notice of 'training days' and if im not available. ..then parent cant go to work

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

So far I haven't charged for nursery but says in my fees policy that I do that way they think I'm being oh so nice by giving them a discount! Mine are term time with ad hoc in holidays anyway.