How do you invoice for different pick up times each day
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you invoice for different pick up times each day

Hello, I am new to child minding I have a parent who is a teacher so contract is term time only (this is fine) but she picks up at different times each day depending on when she finishes work so this could be any time between 4 and 6 pm. I charge my fees in advance how would you work this bill out?

Would you charge your days rate e.g £40 or put a contract in to place so they pay you a set amount no matter what time they pick up ?

Any help and advise would be most welcome

Thanks Kate

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    I would charge according to the hours on your contract so if it says 6.00 then no matter what time mum actually picks up you charge till 6.00. It's the parent's choice to pick up early so why should you lose out? If mum finds she is coming more times early than not then maybe think of changing the contracted hours.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris goodyear View Post
    Hi
    I would charge according to the hours on your contract so if it says 6.00 then no matter what time mum actually picks up you charge till 6.00. It's the parent's choice to pick up early so why should you lose out? If mum finds she is coming more times early than not then maybe think of changing the contracted hours.
    Me too. If she wants you available until 6pm then charge until 6pm everyday.

4. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have different charges, hourly for part time hours, daily rates and a full weekly rate. So my day rate would cover this, it's 8am - 6pm so they can pick up whenever they like.

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

What does your contract say? I charge a day rate or hourly for schoolies, and the time I charge for is the time that is contracted regardless of early pick up. However, I have considered charging one particular family for only the time they used... It was a similar situation where pick up could be as early as four or as late as six, and I wanted to encourage early pick up for this particular child, because by four pm I was usually worn out lol. That would depend on the need for money versus the hard work-ness of the child though hehe
    Apologies for the random full stops. Phone buttons too small, thumbs too big.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do a provisional invoice each month which is the contracted hours. If they use more than the contracted hours I bill for those hours on the next invoice. I mark it provisional and that any extra hours will be added to the next invoice.

Eg one Mum has used an extra hour and half care this month that has been carried to Next months bill. Another used an extra day so she has had that added to December's invoice.

Jan 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I go by the agreed contract, parents may collect early and that is fine, but the contracted fees still stand xxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would do my contract until the latest time needed and charge everyday. If mum finishes school early I am sure she will get paid the same.
    Debbie

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Between 4 & 6
    I would be charging her until 6
    I charge all my afterschool parents until half 5 even though some come at 5, and occasionally half 4,

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one on a hourly rate and all others on daily rate. I prefer daily rate as it is easier and if parents collect early i'm not out of pocket.

Have decided will do daily rate for all future mindees. I've missed out on work taking on part timer on hourly rate, although she does pay higher amount for part time.

Post Thanks / Like

hello, thank you for all the help. sorry for delay in replying I have been getting ready for my registration visit tomorrow ( but ready have a client lined up) who has been keen to get things sorted so after tomorrow hopefully we can. After reading all posts think I am going to with set hours and then charge for an additional time and see how it works out. This will help me work out any holiday and sick pay for them.

Thanks Kathryn

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

How did your registration visit go KateA?

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KateA View Post
    Hello, I am new to child minding I have a parent who is a teacher so contract is term time only (this is fine) but she picks up at different times each day depending on when she finishes work so this could be any time between 4 and 6 pm. I charge my fees in advance how would you work this bill out?

Would you charge your days rate e.g £40 or put a contract in to place so they pay you a set amount no matter what time they pick up ?

Any help and advise would be most welcome

Thanks Kate
    I have this exact situation also with a teacher. The original contract was for 1 day a week from 8 - 5 pm. Then we went up to 3 days a week 8 - 5 pm. Now she picks up anytime from 4 pm to 6.30 pm - once even 7 pm. I charged as normal for anything before 5 pm but these late finishes are out of order. When I told mum 7pm was unacceptable 2 hours late, she said that she got here as soon as she could. Since then she arrives anytime before 6 pm and I like you have been charging her according to what time she actually arrives. I should just charge til 6 pm whatever time she picks up!