Help! How do i work out fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help! How do i work out fees

HI I hope someone can help me please as I am getting my self in a tis. I have been approached by a parent who wants before and after school care for her three children mon-fri will I x my daily fee for those three by 5 days or seven as a week is 7 days and then by 52 minus my holidays and Bh. Thanks

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

If the children will attend 7 days a week then multiply by 7. Just use the number of days they will be there

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget schools are only open 38 weeks a year.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to multiply by 5 days for each child, so 15 days per week for the parent

Don't forget to negotiate TTD's too
    Debbie

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks for the replays I had remembered the school weeks at 38 and I was thinking of asking for half fee in holidays as a retainer. How do I work out if there are extra charges though like if the child attends for say 2 or 3 days in the holidays and iv taken half a fee. Thanks

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Tootsies View Post
    Hi thanks for the replays I had remembered the school weeks at 38 and I was thinking of asking for half fee in holidays as a retainer. How do I work out if there are extra charges though like if the child attends for say 2 or 3 days in the holidays and iv taken half a fee. Thanks
    If you've already charge a retainer for the holidays and the parents want to actually use the hours, then work out the fee for the actual hours used and deduct the amount already paid for the retainer.

Btw, whilst I'm the last person who'll ever tell a CM what they 'must' do with fees, it's worth bearing in mind that most CMs seem to accept that school run arrangements are by definition term-time only business, and I don't know any round here who charge holiday retainers.

Also bear in mind that a retainer is not "free money". Taking a retainer is a commitment to be open and available. You cannot toddle off on holiday and charge a retainer, or refuse to have the child if they ask. In short, if you do the school runs for 38 weeks of the year and charge a retainer for the remaining 14 weeks, then you leave yourself not a single week's holiday and would be in no position to refuse a request to provide a weekday service to this client, even on Christmas Day.

I think it needs a bit of thinking through.

Dec 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi thanks for your reply. It is still very much in the thought process but I need to work it all out before she pops along for a visit. They may use the childcare in the holiday so I aware I will need to be available which I will be. If anyone had any suggestions to help a newbie on charging schoolies. Thanks in advance