Fees help please
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees help please

I there could you wonderful people please help me with this I'm not qualified yet but I have people waiting for me to pass fingers crossed just waiting for Ofsted arrrggghhhh I'm so nervous!!
    I'm only doing TTO I'm am not charging for holidays because I want them off with my own four children.
    I was going to say I'm open from 7am-5.30
    £30 full day
    £15 or £20 I just don't know ideas please???
    Do you do a set fee for after school???
    Do you do a contract for after school for a child age 4 or any age really if they are off school Poorly do you still charge???
    Thanks in advance. X

Post Thanks / Like

Ps the four year old after school child is in full time school x

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fees are up to you, but it's useful to check out what is the 'going rate' in your area as this can vary considerably

It is usual for fees to still be paid if a child is not attending due to their illness, but not for yours.
    You should have a contract for all children
    I do a set fee for before/after school

HTH

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would see what childminders in your local area charge. Our area is £3.50ph but 10 miles in any direction and they are more. I only charge by the hour I don't do session rates. If you had a child dropped at 7am until 5.30 pm you would only be earning £2.85 an hour before expences - Are you happy with this?

I do contracts for all children even if they are only coming for one day (but I use my own for temp and ad-hoc).

Again I charge per hour for after school.

I charge for all contracted days that I am available to work as they are paying for a childcare space not for my time. If I am not available then I don't charge. So if they are off sick or have a holiday or day off I charge.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge per hour and for a minimum of a 7 hour day. I charge extra £1.50 for each lunch & tea. You may want to charge the parents a deposit which is returnable at the end of the contract if you only want term time only, to make sure they come back in the September - I would recommend advertising in schools as not many people would be happy to make alternative arrangements for 13 weeks of the year.

You need to have a contract for each and every child regardless of their age, specifying what your terms are regarding holidays - what will you do if parents choose to take holiday during term time etc. Most people charge if the child is contracted to attend but doesn't at short notice due to child/ parents illness/occasional day off etc. Didn't they cover this on your childminding course? I used to tutor many years ago on the old ICP course and used to spend a whole lesson covering Business eg: contracts, income and expenses etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for you replies they didn't really go into it much on the course about what to charge ect they just skimmed by it really :/
    I'm very fortunate that alot of my friends are school teachers and have their children in private childcare and want to use me. I just need to to impress Ofsted now fingers crossed. once again thankyou x