School wrap around care
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default School wrap around care

What does or do people charge for the time there mindees are at school if you take them and pick them up to secure there spaces ? I know you can charge for the time they are at school
    But I'm
    Not sure what to charge as I have not done it before I currently charge £4 an hour ?? Thank you

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie1309 View Post
    What does or do people charge for the time there mindees are at school if you take them and pick them up to secure there spaces ? I know you can charge for the time they are at school
    But I'm
    Not sure what to charge as I have not done it before I currently charge £4 an hour ?? Thank you
    I don't charge for while they are at school. I wouldn't get any business if I did.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I am assuming you are referring to a primary school aged child in which case I don't charge anything whilst they are at school because like fussy said I wouldn't get any business as I don't know of any parents who would want to pay whilst their child is at school.
    Unless you are meaning nursery school?

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't charge for school children, however, when I started minding I was advised to charge half price for the hours they were at nursery or pre-school if dropping off and picking up.

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

For before and after school chikdren (reception and upwards) I charge by the hour only for the time I'm contracted to have them for.
    For pre school/nursery chikdren so age four and under I charge for the full day if I take them and pick them up as I can't fill the time they are at nursery as they need me to keep it open for when the nursery is closed,

Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

Wrap around care for school age children I charge £5.50 an hour and £1.50 for dinner, minimum two hours. If it's term time only I charge a retainer of half the weekly amount to hold the place.

nov 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue bear View Post
    For before and after school chikdren (reception and upwards) I charge by the hour only for the time I'm contracted to have them for.
    For pre school/nursery chikdren so age four and under I charge for the full day if I take them and pick them up as I can't fill the time they are at nursery as they need me to keep it open for when the nursery is closed,
    I do too as I cant fill the place incase nursery close . .. .

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I need to keep the space because she is wanting me in holidays aswell so I wouldn't be able to fill that space with anyone else yet she is currently already at a childminder so I have just agreed to charge what she already pays x

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

But if she is at primary school she won't come into your 3 under 5's ratio so in holidays you could 3 under 5 plus your school child all day, unless by taking this child on means you will have more than 6 under 8 but for that reason and because I have 2 children 5&7 I will only take on one after school child as wouldn't want to lose one of my EY places.
    I would charge my before and after school rates term time and then my hourly rate in the holidays.

10. Likes Goatgirl liked this post
    Sept 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dawn100 View Post
    But if she is at primary school she won't come into your 3 under 5's ratio so in holidays you could 3 under 5 plus your school child all day, unless by taking this child on means you will have more than 6 under 8 but for that reason and because I have 2 children 5&7 I will only take on one after school child as wouldn't want to lose one of my EY places.
    I would charge my before and after school rates term time and then my hourly rate in the holidays.
    Yes, I would do this too :-)