Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sick pay

Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sick pay

Hi I look after a wee girl who is 1 my son had croup cough and a runny nose also had two children I look after with a cold, the mum of the 1 year old said shes not paying for her being off sick because she caught it of them, is this rite?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No, she still has to pay xx

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

No - doesn't matter what shes got or where she caught it from. if its in her contract that she has to pay if off sick she has to pay.

good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caraxx View Post
    Hi I look after a wee girl who is 1 my son had croup cough and a runny nose also had two children I look after with a cold, the mum of the 1 year old said shes not paying for her being off sick because she caught it of them, is this rite?
    How does she know that ?

Her child could have caught it from anyone .

I think your going to have to explain that you stay open for normal coughs and colds because some children have them all winter ,there is a risk that others can catch it of course but hopefully they will build up their immune system,
    Also explain you would never be open if you close for every cold a child gets .

It's the time of year for all sorts of germs now so you can't avoid or help that either .

If her child has a normal cold explain that your also willing to have her still ..

If she decides to keep her home then that's her choice and yes she will have to still pay you ..

Angel xxx

5. Likes rickysmiths, Goatgirl, gef918 liked this post
    pre reg
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your advice, she knew from day 1 my son had a bit of cold and she was happy enough to send her daughter until she starts to get it

Nov 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I would point out that how would she feel paying you if you caught anything off of her child and had to close for a few days? Might make her realise that she is being slightly unreasonable x

8. Likes Goatgirl liked this post