Christmas charges...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    I will be closing on the 20th December and reopening the 6th January at no charge because I don't want any mindees here its family time
    This is what I'm doing this year!!! Was off sick last year, but the year before 2 parents said they needed me between Christmas and New Year (different days), so I worked, only to find that neither parent was actually at work I choose not to work BH's so don't charge for them either!!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm taking 2 weeks off over Christmas and won't be charging. I can't even begin to imagine why I would want to work Christmas Day or Boxing Day etc but then again I don't work any bank holiday and don't charge for them either. Perhaps it depends on how much people rely on the money coming in.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I dnot work over Christmas and to make it easy have said from now on i am closed over Christmas whatever the school holidays are. these change Ever yr so I send info to my parents from local council of sch term dates from abt September.

I have also but it in contracts as closed rather then holiday so still have upto 4 weeks to take as holiday.

I dnot charge for Christmas, BH or my holidays.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be closing on the 20th December and reopening the 6th January at no charge because I don't want any mindees here its family time
    Same for me finish 21st reopen 6th jan

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I dont charge if i'm not open. To be honest I couldnt charge for days if i wasnt prepared to work.

Sept 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I really struggle with this BH thing.

If you are prepared to work them then I can see you would charge normal if not used and an enhanced fee if they are, so I suppose that would include Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.

I don't work any BHs, I don't want to, so I would find it impossible morally to charge parents, I can't justify it in my own mind let alone explain to a parent. The common argument about parents get paid so why shouldn't we, I do not understand as they are employed, we are self-employed and as such, in my eyes, give up some rights of employed people, being paid for BHs is one of them.

Just my opinion and, at the end of the day, we can all run our businesses as we like but my philosophy is when I'm open you pay, when I'm closed you don't

Post Thanks / Like

I charge bank holidays but not the ones over Christmas cos they fall in my holidays ,,
    I have been caught before working Good Friday for one family who took the mick and didnt collect at the time they said they would and I really resented it so I now take off any days I really do not want to work ..
    Worth the peace of mind and undisturbed time
    With my family,, I write something like 'this year i will
    Close from ...
    To ... ,
    I will not charge for the bank holidays falling in these dates like I normally would as as far as I am concerned these are my holidays

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont charge for my holidays but i do charge for all BH and i dont work them. I work christmas eve and love doing it as my DD are grown up. I love have the little ones on the run up to christmas
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12