new childminder my holiday fees?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default new childminder my holiday fees?

Hi I would appreciate any help you could give me.
    I am sorting out my fees and charges and am wondering what you all do about your holidays? I'm thinking of charging half fees for my holidays taken which will be up to 4 weeks a year. Full fee for the child's holidays.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fees for mindees holiday and nothing if in on holiday, personally I couldn't justify charging whiten I'm available for work but I know there are others that charge either half or full fee

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Everyone seems to do it differently but I charge no fees for my holidays/illness (usually about 5 1/2 weeks a year) and full fees for their holidays/sickness if different to mine.

Xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have seen different scenario's over the years and I think you will have some resistance against what you are proposing. the reason is if they have to take their own hoilidays and then yours they will have to pay another childminder full fee whilst you are off, expensive

What I have seen:

1/2 fee each when minder or parent are off - this can get out of hand so put a maximum per year on it

full fee for parent on holiday - none when childminder is off on holiday - downside is that you can say you are off and then parents take the same time (hence the above)

x weeks paid holidays childminder with full pay - this is what you are suggesting and if you feel confident that you can get it in your area, go for it.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

I do not charge for my holidays but full fee for childs holidays. X

Post Thanks / Like

I also don't charge when on holiday, sick etc but do charge if they are taking time off as I'm still open for business
    I know bank holidays often crop up, some people think that because the parents get paid then so should they, but I always point out, not all parents get paid for BH, especially if they are self employed
    Again it is up to each individual, but personally if I can't offer a service to parents then I don't expect them to pay
    If my kids went to play group, after school club and the session couldn't run for whatever reason then I certainly wouldn't want to pay

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum
    Mandy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlebears1009 View Post
    I do not charge for my holidays but full fee for childs holidays. X
    What do you do it (like someone else said) the parents then decide to take the same holidays as you? Would you charge as you do for theirs? Or not as you don't for theirs? Or charge half? Xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ash-p View Post
    What do you do it (like someone else said) the parents then decide to take the same holidays as you? Would you charge as you do for theirs? Or not as you don't for theirs? Or charge half? Xx
    If you booked yours first then you it is down to the parents what they do the time you are unavailable. You cannot then charge just because they have decided to do something that doesn't involve paying for alternative care.

sep 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't really matter if they decide to have a holiday, you just need to do whatever you normally do for your holidays, I don't charge for mine but do if they are off different weeks to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ash-p View Post

It doesnt make a difference to me. If they want to take their holidays when i do thats fine. The only thing is i like the week off between xmas and new year, but i dont think she works this time. But i wouldnt wait to see if she takes it first as she could still bring him even if shes off, so id rather be unpaid and know i have the time with my family than hope she keeps him off and i get paid. X

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't charge for my time off, however I do charge for BH's.

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge full fees for my hols 4 wks, and 1/2 fees for their hols again 4 wks. I charge normal fees for bank hols but I don't generally work them, if i did it would be double fees. I know a lot of CMs dont charge for their hols but I have always done this and all of my parents are happy with it and say they expect me to have paid holidays just like any other job. I guess it depends on your parents whether they would be happy about it or not but all of mine are.
    With regards to a deposit they pay a 2 week deposit when they sign contracts which is held until the contract ends.
    Fees are paid monthly in advance and I do both an hourly rate & a session rate.

Post Thanks / Like

I currently charge half fees for their hols, but any new ones I take on I will charge full as that seems to be the norm around here now (my parents have been with me for quite a while). I don't charge for my hols/sick as I see it that I am unavailable and some of my parents use another cm so would end up paying twice . I dont want to work bh's so don't charge for them!