Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default help asap pweez...notice

Ok family spoke to me on 4th about changing days and hours.

Currently child is in all day wednesday.

Mums puttin little one into paid sessions at pre school and wants to change to thu mornings and i.drop.to preschool.

I said its all day rate and mom spoke of notice. I went away and thought ok i cud do it n see how i get on. Txt mum to say we do hourly rate but i need 2 weeks notice. Not had it in writing but wed gone i said just bk date letter to 4th so i can write and agree bk.

So mum txt today sayin i will bring it thu....i said its wed this week n thu next week. Mum said no as she gave 2 weeks notice on 4th....to me if he isnt in this wed thats not 2 weeks its 13days notice so wed is still payable.....

Am i right as i hate this with parents n feel all panicy right now and though i am not fussrd bout losin the child financialy....i feel like u do a good deed and get pooped on

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Struggling a bit with your shorthand (bk?). If she told you on Thursday then the two weeks notice would stop 2 weeks on Wednesday (your last day)
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its two week paid notice, so she needs to have paid you two weeks money at the old contract / hours
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

agree with wendy. x

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't take offence I am not wanting to sound harsh, maybe you should have put all this in writing with her instead of texting.

We all tend to abbreviate when we text and messages are not always understood as intended. A letter detailing the contract change, notice period and amounts payable for which dates would have helped to avoid this situation.

Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Struggling a bit with your shorthand (bk?). If she told you on Thursday then the two weeks notice would stop 2 weeks on Wednesday (your last day)
    Bk is back. Down with the kidzzzz lol xx
    I agree with previous post, stop texting and start writing, it's more formal and mum will know you're more serious. You need to be crystal clear on your terms, notice fees and dates, contract changes etc from the very beginning or parents will try to pull a fast one
    Hope it all gets sorted for you xx
    Kelly xx

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I do ask for writing so im.not sure where the assumption i accept by txt come from. She was meant to bring it. Didnt. Then said would email it. Didnt thats where it all come about. I said specificaly to mum i need it in writing but i would be happy for her to bk date it to 4th. I also said i have to write an acceptance letter as per contract. I was tryin to do a nice thing really by sayin back date the letter.....

Yes bk is back is because i use my mobile and its a habbit when not on pc.

Either way all is sorted now