New to child minding. How to start up??
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New to child minding. How to start up??

Hi all,

Sorry I'm new to this ... The forum and child minding ....
    I'm looking to start up as a child minder ... Just after any tips/hints on how to get going/started ? I have had a gander on the ofstead website ect but thought maybe some of you lovely people could offer some advice.
    I have a level 3 diploma in child care... Will I need to attend a child minder course?? If so do I have to go to college to do this or do children centres offer these? How much is the course? (I'm based in Merseyside)
    Sorry for all the questions !!!
    Any help and advice will be much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance xxxx

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome

Yes you will need to attend a local authority approved course. Mine was done in the local school run by development officers.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ildminder.html

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ash, welcome.
    Which council ar eyou under Sefton, Liverpool etc? I am under Sefton and they do run 8 weeks courses (3 hours a week one night) which you have to attend in order to become a childminder. This supports you with all the policies you need, applying to Ofsted and other important information such as tax etc.

Your best bet is to go on your councils webiste and search for early years and it will normally let you know what you need to do. Good luck

May 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome.

As previously mentioned, check with your local authority as my local authority runs courses for new childminders.

I also noticed that Pacey offer help to new childminders.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't apologise we all come on here to either ask or answer questions as we love to give and receive support x

The best thing to do is contact your local authority as the course has to be approved by them so they can point you in the right direction x

Try a google search with starting childminding in *********. The name of where you live xx

Good luck n please dont hesitate to ask x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgentTink View Post
    Hi Ash, welcome.
    Which council ar eyou under Sefton, Liverpool etc? I am under Sefton and they do run 8 weeks courses (3 hours a week one night) which you have to attend in order to become a childminder. This supports you with all the policies you need, applying to Ofsted and other important information such as tax etc.

Your best bet is to go on your councils webiste and search for early years and it will normally let you know what you need to do. Good luck
    I will be under St Helens council xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much, I shall check my local council website and see what information I can find. Thanks again for the replies, much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MTK007 View Post
    Hi and welcome

Yes you will need to attend a local authority approved course. Mine was done in the local school run by development officers.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...ildminder.html
    Thank you very much this link is very useful xx

9. Likes Rick liked this post