Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    nov 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Not sure how to charge for this!

Hi,

I have a parent coming to see me tonight and they have a child under 2 and an after schooler aged 10

They want mon, tues, wed one week and the next week thurs, fri ( all day for little one and after school for older one)

What would you do about charging?

Thanks

Sarah x

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

It depends how much you need the work and how low you are prepared to go!

I have lots of parents needing child care so I explain that they are paying for a space which I can't fill when they are not here and they have to pay for 5 days every week.

Other childminders may charge for 3 days every week or charge half fees for the days not used.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would charge full for days used and half fee for other days but not sure how you would charge for holidays etc

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got one family who need me for one day one week, three days the following week...I charge for the days they attend, then half for the days they don't...so one week they will pay for three days, the following week for one day and two days at half fee.
    I work it out over the whole year for them and they pay me the same amount each week makes it easier on all of us!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x