Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nappies and wipes

Parent provides or I provide?

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide in my setting. Preferences differ, and Not all nappies suit all children.and also there not cheap!
    I do have wipes around the house to use on mindies if need be,for quick cleaning up etc and I have some cheap spare nappies for emergencies.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide them here too.

I always have spares but try and use their wipes where possible. Xx

4. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide both here.

I have a couple spare nappies but had a problem with one mindee whose mum would 'forget' nappies and when I mentioned at collection her reply would be 'I ran out at home and thought he could use your sons!'. My lb is now potty trained and she hasn't done it since I charged her for some nappies but this morning he had no wipes and when I mentioned at collection I got the same reply about running out! Wouldn't be so bad if she made me aware when she dropped him off. Would still annoy me but at least I would know!

Post Thanks / Like

As above, Parents supply, but I have wipes and the odd nappy should the need arise!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide nappies , usually bring a box every few weeks for me to have here. They also provide formula , again , they usually bring a tub and I let them know when its running low. I make the bottles up here.
    Everything else I provide , wipes , nappy sacks etc.......
    parent just has to arrive in the morning with the baby - everything else is already here.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I provide Nappies and wipes although I prefer cotton wool and water.

The reason I decided to provide was because:
    I have lots of children attending and I didn't want lots of different nappies
    I didn't want parent moaning I'm using too many nappies or I'm not using enough (you know the type of parent)
    I didn't want to be without nappies - parents forgetting etc... (you know the type of parent)
    I have the freedom to supply a good quality nappy that doesn't leek and is fit for purpose (I like Aldi)
    I have noticed a distinct reduction in quality from branded and home brand nappies lately and it seems to be hit and miss.

Yes there is a cost but I think its worth it to safeguard my furniture and sanity. And I use it as a selling point.

9. Likes Tealady liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post
    I provide Nappies and wipes although I prefer cotton wool and water.

The reason I decided to provide was because:
    I have lots of children attending and I didn't want lots of different nappies
    I didn't want parent moaning I'm using too many nappies or I'm not using enough (you know the type of parent)
    I didn't want to be without nappies - parents forgetting etc... (you know the type of parent)
    I have the freedom to supply a good quality nappy that doesn't leek and is fit for purpose (I like Aldi)
    I have noticed a distinct reduction in quality from branded and home brand nappies lately and it seems to be hit and miss.

Yes there is a cost but I think its worth it to safeguard my furniture and sanity. And I use it as a selling point.
    I did the same for a while - but it got out of hand. What didnt leak on one child leaked on another ( i put it down to leg chubbiness!!). They all started off in the same size but soon needed different sizes. Part timers seemed to be growing faster than my nappy stock was being used up leaving me with unused nappies.I was buying different brands in different sizes to suit the child. It became cost restrictive and i decided to ask parents to provide their own and leave a pack here.

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide all nappies and wipes.
    I ask for a pack of each which i keep in my bathroon cupboard - when it is running low i ask parent for more.
    i always ask for more about 3 days before i run out to give them time to re stock.

I write the mindees name on the packs in marker pen.
    I di have my own bought wipes in the kitchen which i use for faces and hands for convieniance.

I have a small supply of spares just in case.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

parents provide nappies and wipes , but I always have a pack of wipes around the place that are mine , in case they run out

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to provide nappies/pull-ups/wipes. Then each parent wanted to use a particular brand of each, with very little cross-over. I was on the verge of turning into a nappy warehouse when I gave in and told them all to bring their own (a few at a time) or take whatever I was offering.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide it for me. It arrives in their change bags as if they are going out for the day. That way they have their own change mat, correctly sized nappy and follow parents preference with no complications. It also has the benefit that im not storing nappies that i might not need for a while. I do also keep wipes on my dining table, downstairs toilet and playroom for those little mishaps.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Along time ago, when I had a childminder, I would always put the same number is nappies in daughters bag each day (I think it was 8) , then the next day I would restock back to eight. I would then have piece of mind that the nappies were being changed regularly.

But it never crossed my mind that she would have a few in the bottom of each bag, glovebox etc, like I now seem to do with my mindees! But it kept me happy

16. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We prefer to provide almost everything ourselves ~ nappies, wipes, creams, food, drinks, etc. etc. After a while it became clear what the average cost of these expenses were, so we just factor it in to our fees and charge a fixed rate for each morning or afternoon session.

Same goes for collection and drop off times ~ we don't make an adjustment for early/late drop-off/collection ~ it's already built into our charge.

It's our thinking that it's promoting our business, and rather than us spending time and money on advertising, we want mums and dads to do that for us. At the end of the day we ask ourselves are we happy to provide the service we do at the rate we charge.

We might adjust our set-up according to the feedback we get, but this seems to be the service parents want in our area at the moment.

…Parents just need to remember to bring child and payment!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my parents either send a bag of nappies & pack of wipes that i keep here and tell them when they are getting low, or they send them in the bag each day ( that is usually the 'one day a week'ers! ) for the children that come just one day, i asked for extras at the start, and so have one in my travel change kit, and a couple in the childrens drawers. sometimes i forget whose nappy is whose and they all end up in each others ( but all using same size, regardless of age! )

i do have spare nappies, a couple in each size, that are left over from LO moving up nappy size or going into pants and parents give me their left over nappies, but i have NEVER told a parent i have spares!

i also have my own wipes and we just use which ever packet is 'top of the pile' and then when that is finished we start on the next! works for me.

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea that parents pack what their child needs for the day ahead in the changing bag. Then *hopefully* a fresh supply will arrive daily in the bag.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Parents provide especially as nappies are so expensive. They also provide any lotions and potions

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

All my littlies have their own basket and keep their own nappies, wipes, suncream etc in. I have 1 who prefers to just send a bag on the day she comes but the other 7 have their own space. I let parents know when they are running low and they are all very good. I have wipes for cleaning up after meals etc

Post Thanks / Like

Parents provide nappies and wipes got bum changes but I supply wipes for all other things. I did supply nappies once for convenience but charged cost price.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiniKins View Post
    We prefer to provide almost everything ourselves ~ nappies, wipes, creams, food, drinks, etc. etc. After a while it became clear what the average cost of these expenses were, so we just factor it in to our fees and charge a fixed rate for each morning or afternoon session.

Same goes for collection and drop off times ~ we don't make an adjustment for early/late drop-off/collection ~ it's already built into our charge.

It's our thinking that it's promoting our business, and rather than us spending time and money on advertising, we want mums and dads to do that for us. At the end of the day we ask ourselves are we happy to provide the service we do at the rate we charge.

We might adjust our set-up according to the feedback we get, but this seems to be the service parents want in our area at the moment.

…Parents just need to remember to bring child and payment!
    This is what I do too. I always tell parents they just need to bring their child, nothing else.
    I had a childminder for my DS when he was little who did the same and as a going out to work, rushing around in the mornings mum, it helped me no end.

xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast