Minimum amount of hours
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Minimum amount of hours

I have a LO due to start school in September and mum has just requested a new contract for term time hours. Is there a minimum amount of hours that you will accept each day??? For example one day she just wants me to take LO to school which is only 2 hours work for me

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newbie View Post
    I have a LO due to start school in September and mum has just requested a new contract for term time hours. Is there a minimum amount of hours that you will accept each day??? For example one day she just wants me to take LO to school which is only 2 hours work for me
    Is LO in full time school? If so they don't count in your early years numbers so at least you can still have three in the EY. If you don't feel it's worth it then say no.

I don't have a minimum number of hours but if it didn't work for me I would say no. I do drop off and pick up one mindee once a week for two hours. He counts in my early years. But it does work for me because I drop him off at school, pick up another mindee who lives by school, drop her off in the afternoon pick up schoolie.

Jul 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, if it doesn't fit in with your routine then don't do it.

I had a child one day a week from 8am until I dropped at school at 9, to some people it wouldn't be worth an hours work, but for me it was the school I was walking to anyway with my own children and so was no problem. If Mum had wanted me to drop off at another school the answer would have been no.

If it fits your routine to walk to school then go for it, the hours may increase over time and also you will get your face/name known at school and may generate other enquiries.