Court advice required.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Court advice required.

I posted a while back about a non paying parent. I did a Moneyclaim online for my fees giving her 14 days to pay which she didn't. I then issued a judgement against her which she has ignored. The next step is a warrant which will cost £100 and I can't afford that. Is there any other road I can go down to get my money? I haven't contacted NCMA, could they help me? I am so angry x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I had a parent phone up once and say she wasn't coming anymore, no notice etc. I sent her a letter about the 4 weeks notice, the fees she owed me for minding and the cheque that bounced! No reply
    So contacted ncma legal dept who sent her letter, she seemed to have moved rather sharpish owing other people money as well and they said there was nothing else they could do

Not impressed. Never got my £1200, so personally I wouldn't pay out anymore money
    Mandy xx

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How much does this parent owe and how old is the debt now?

I think you should have rung NCMA (PACEY) if you are a member and using their contracts straight away, as sure I read on here previously that they will only chase recent debts and they have to be over a certain of amount owed. Ring them today if you get a chance - not sure if I would spend another £100 chasing this but that of course would depend on the amount she owes.

I would tell other parents that since being let down by a parent that you will be changing to money in advance - weekly for those who can't afford to pay a month in advance. A parent this week said on Monday - sorry I forgot your money, will bring it tomorrow (and I knew she would) but I said "Don't forget then as it's no money - no childcare". Had a new parent once give me a cheque that bounced after that I insisted she paid cash.

4. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Post Thanks / Like

She owes me £185 so not a huge amount but still, its money owed to me. I am a member of NCMA and used their contracts. The debt was from 5 wks ago so I will ring on Tuesday. I am no longer Childminding so hopefully they can help. Thanks

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Do most CMs get paid in arrears or in advance ?

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's up to you really.
    Payment in arrears means you do run a higher risk of a parent not paying should they leave, but your insurance should cover you for this.

I personally take payments in advance, some pay weekly, others monthly

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    West Sussex
    Post Thanks / Like

I make than pay on the 1st of the month for that month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claire250182 View Post
    She owes me £185 so not a huge amount but still, its money owed to me. I am a member of NCMA and used their contracts. The debt was from 5 wks ago so I will ring on Tuesday. I am no longer Childminding so hopefully they can help. Thanks
    I learnt by my mistake and always charge in advance now
    Mandy xx

Jan 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Court Advice Needed

Hi Ade

I'm currently in a similar situation whereby a parent hasn't paid up and owes me quite a bit which includes monies owed whilst away on holiday. to cut a long story short, I have been in contact with NCMA (PACEY) who have been chasing for my money using debt collectors. No reply form her no responses to knocking on her door. I believe they once spoke to her whereby she pretended she was not the person so no money yet.

Following a few unsuccessful attempts to get my money NCMA then suggested attaching to her earnings where my money would be paid direct to me. I thought great, I'll get my money at last. Low and behold, her employers informed NCMA that she is on Maternity leave so attachment to earning cannot be made at this time. Until she returns to work nothing can be done and they will only make one more attempt to recover my money.

My task is to now find out when she returns to work so they can make another attempt. How am I going to get that sort of information form someone who doesn't want to be found? Any ideas? OR any advise on other avenues to get my money back?

Now really! Don't you think the evil forces are working in favour of this thief?

As our other mates say, get your fees paid in advance and deposits before embarking on care. Unfortunately there are some parents who come to your house smile with you and then stab you in the back.

Regards

oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to say it but gonna anyway... We have very little protection from payment disputes and spiteful accusations :-( it makes an enjoyable job very worrying when you think about it. I've realized its a fickle job to be in you cannot rely on the money or peoples honesty. I've returned from holiday to be told I'm no longer needed for 2 mindees and whilst I've got my notice period it leaves uncertain monetary times ahead - happy days lol

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I learnt very quick and always got it paid in advance after one parent left. She only owed £63 but it felt like a kick in the teeth as we had become friends and I had helped them out a lot.