Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default parent not pay AGAIN fee help

Ok. Last week parent paid late so i added late fee to aprils invoice.

This week she picked up 10 min late never said sorry said she had to pick her nephew up (pick ur child up.first?) i was gonna let it slide but payment is late again. She said yesterday AM that she bring it on collection. At collection she said she bring round later through door. Nothin. I tried phone no answer. I text sayin "are you bringing your payment around" no reply.

To be honest im.sick of always asking for my money. 4 months now. Every week asking if she has payment. I usualy say monday is payment day but she said she cudnt do mondays on sign contract so we agreed tuesdays. But i hardley get it on a tuesday lately. I have said i needed it by yesterday to get it in my bank for my rent. Which im.now worried about paying.

Anyway....feel like doing this. Dropping a letter through her door with an invoice for the late collection and late fee (cuz i dont wanna wait till may as she has annoyed me) saying to ve paid on tuesday. But feel.like stating that as per contract in the future if payment is not made on tuesdays mornings starting this tueaday i will suspend care until all fees are paid. Im due her brother this week too. Im fed up of it. What happens when i suspend care do i have to.refund them? Even tho im.open for business its just they are breeching contract of payment?

Advice? Cuz am annoyed being took for a mug

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how to answer your question (someone else will though) - BUT I have had this issue in the past from a parent (I ended up having enough so gave notice) - since then Ive always insisted on payment in advance.... and have told all new parents that no payment = no childcare with NO exceptions - never had an issue being paid since

Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put in my policies 'No pay, No play' I got fed up of late payments. Seems to have worked payment is on time. I did say due to my insurance, don't think it makes a difference but works for me xxxx good luck

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tashaleee View Post
    Not sure how to answer your question (someone else will though) - BUT I have had this issue in the past from a parent (I ended up having enough so gave notice) - since then Ive always insisted on payment in advance.... and have told all new parents that no payment = no childcare with NO exceptions - never had an issue being paid since
    I agree with this.

Leeanne - you'll have to check your contract and call the legal team at your insurers/professional association to check the details of whether/how you might be able to suspend care.

IIWY, and irrespective of whether you find you can withdraw care, I'd insist upon an urgent meeting and re-draw the contract on strictly payment-in-advance terms. You'd have to allow the usual notice period before you could apply this (unless by mutual consent, which is unlikely) as you're making a significant change which amounts to 'giving notice' on the old contract.

I also practice the principle of payment in advance, on time, every time; and no payment = no childcare, no exceptions. I honestly don't mind if they pay me daily, but I refuse to work for free or get into all the unpleasantness of chasing arrears. Parents know they will be turned away at the door if they don't pay, and I know they prioritize their child's care over their next night out or trip to the beautician. It works.

5. Likes Ballette liked this post
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

In my contract (mm) it says in advance or i can refuse care. I let it go last week. N charged late fee. But she is doin it again this week. Feel like im bein took for a ride. She is meant to pay a tuesday but has let it slide.

Dunno what.to.due but i wanna do something today than.let myself stew over it and ruin my bank hol also as it means on tue she has to pay £166 this week £166 next weeks and £149 for other sibling. Thats a lot of money to.find tuesday.