Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funded session and daily rate

Is there anyone here that offers the funded sessions for 3&4 year olds that use a daily rate?

I was just wondering how you invoice the deduction. Obviously if it was hourly rate you would deduct 3 hours or hoever many they are but if its a daily rate do you just deduct the amount of funding off the daily rate?

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I work out how many hours they are booked in for the week and deduct the number of funded hours, then charge for the remaining hours. I oly charge hourly but if I did a daily fee I would charge hourly for anyhald days if you see what I mean.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindees come for 18hrs a week and are funded for 9, so charge half my fee.

For one mindee the fee is £30 a day, so £60 a week. I write the invoice as:

Week 1. Hours attended 18
    Hours funded 9
    Hours to be paid for 9
    Amount due £30

How many hours do yours attend & how many are funded? I would work out the percentage of the total hours that are not funded and charge the same percentage of your daily fee.

So if mindee came for 9hrs a day and 3 were funded, it leaves 2/3 not funded. If your day rate was £30 you would charge them 2/3 of £30, so £20. If they came for 10hrs a day you'd get 7/10 not funded so would charge £21.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem I have, some come for eg 6.5 hours a day so I have a daily rate eg £25 so its easier for me to do invoices and parents know where they are. If funding was say £10 for the 3 hours could I just take that £10 off the daily rate and parents have to pay the remainder?

So I would have daily rate £25 x 10 days = £250

Minus funded session -£100

Total invoice £150

Would this be acceptable?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you would find it easier if you charged an hourly rate for working out invoices... children are entitled to 15 hours per week term time only or you can stretch the hours to cover the complete year, or you can share the hours with another setting. So bearing all these variables in mind I think you really need to think it through carefully and go for the simplest option

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy to do it as above if its allowed. What do the nursery's do?

If I changed it to charge by the hour I would either have to offer the 15 mins free and loose money which we cant afford or round it up to another hour which is more expense for them which I think is unfair as they have been paying a daily rate for over a year now

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an hourly rate? and if so, is it more than the funded session rate.

In our area, we are not allowed to charge the parent a 'top up', if there is a difference.

I quite like the ratio of 2/3rd being charged, that was mentioned by mouse.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.L.C View Post
    I would be happy to do it as above if its allowed. What do the nursery's do?

If I changed it to charge by the hour I would either have to offer the 15 mins free and loose money which we cant afford or round it up to another hour which is more expense for them which I think is unfair as they have been paying a daily rate for over a year now
    Personally I would round up to half an hour..... to be fair.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    Do you have an hourly rate? and if so, is it more than the funded session rate.

In our area, we are not allowed to charge the parent a 'top up', if there is a difference.

I quite like the ratio of 2/3rd being charged, that was mentioned by mouse.
    We have an hourly rate as a guideline then parents rate is tailored to their needs so if they do a full day they get a discount (a daily rate), so the hourly rate works out less and if they need eg 4.5 hours they are paying just for that and not 5 hours so in theory no we dont use and hourly rate

It is the same here regarding not being able to charge a top up however we can charge what we like for the other hours they are in our care outside of the funded session so if they were with us 4 hours and only did 3 hours funded with us (most ours also go to another setting hence the 3 hours and not more per day) it would be £10.61 for the 3 hours then I could charge £5ph for that other hour if I wanted but it all just seems complicated to me that way when I could just take of the £10.61 off their daily rate rather than changing things

Obviously if a child came to us just doing the funded session I understand I cant charge any extra but these children are with us for more and I want to make it as easy as possible for parents to understand