How to work out term time only fees.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How to work out term time only fees.

I have an mum coming round on Thursday who wants term time only for an 18 month and a 4 yo.
    I've never had a term time only mindee before and am unsure how to charge.

Im thinking full fee (obviously) during school term and 1/2 fee as a retainer in the holidays.
    Does that sound right?
    I beleive that means that the space has to be available in the hols too for which i would then charge a full fee.

june 83
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have a term time only mindee and I charge like you say full for term time and half fee retainer for the school hols to keep the place open for them

Jul 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mazza58 View Post
    Hi I have a term time only mindee and I charge like you say full for term time and half fee retainer for the school hols to keep the place open for them
    I do the same

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont usually charge in the holidays ,I fill the space with holiday only mindees , however I may do in the future ,

Post Thanks / Like

I have work it by the weeks in the year. So I only get paid for those weeks. She can not the use me during the holidays as its not in the contract. But this is what she wanted.

July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mazza58 View Post

I do the same but wish I had just charged a higher rate as I'm going to be in hospital over Easter so will not be paid and I think the contract will be terminated at the end of the summer term so I will not be paid for the summer hols!

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies.
    I think i will do the 1/2 fee retainer for the hols and hope she doesn't need me!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a tto and asked for one day per week of holidays as a retainer. Which is 13 weeks a year,they were not willing to pay it as they said they will never need me in the hols. So I'm like fine,and when the time comes that they want me I'm certainly not gonna bend over backwards to accommodate them. The only thing is I miss the money during the hols,next time I get a tto I'm gonna ask for money pro rata. So it's spread over the year and ill get paid each month,if that makes any sense. So it's 3 days/week x 39weeks divided by 12 I think! Yeah that's it!!!!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

For TTO I charge a retainer but I expect minimum 48 hours notice if they want to use a day in the school hols.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge TTO a higher fee
    ... 39 weeks at usual fee + 13 weeks at half fee, added together, divided by 39 and thats the higher fee.
    I don't keep a space during the holidays, & if they need holiday cover, they pay the higher fee.

11. Likes zippy liked this post
    June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge 39 weeks full fee and 13 weeks half fee then work it out for year and divide by 12 that way I get paid the same all year.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by little chickee View Post
    Thanks for your replies.
    I think i will do the 1/2 fee retainer for the hols and hope she doesn't need me!
    if you are hoping not to have to work, just offer her a completely t-time contract honey. tell her that you can offer this but it is a higher hourly rate. that way you have the holidays off.

I work t-time only as I don't want to work, my families have been with me years and I wish I thought of telling them it was a higher rate for t-time only contracts but I never did.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

14. Likes little chickee liked this post
    July 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I charge TTO a higher fee
    ... 39 weeks at usual fee + 13 weeks at half fee, added together, divided by 39 and thats the higher fee.
    I don't keep a space during the holidays, & if they need holiday cover, they pay the higher fee.
    This is what I will be doing next time I have a TTO child. At the moment I do the 1/2 fees during the holidays, but I think they will be ending the contract in July so will not be paying for the longest holiday anyway, and round here there does not seem to be much demand for just holiday care so I will be losing out.