Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Notice period

Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Notice period

Wasn't sure where to post this..

Hello

Without going into too much detail at this stage (panic mode, a million and one things to do, feeling emotional :'( ), is there any way/loophole in the NCMA contract notice period when I have specified a 4 week period?
    Parents have used me for two days, third day is tomorrow. I told them at the end of day two that I couldn't care for the children and I'd need to give notice.
    Guess I'm looking for a cooling off period, although I didn't specify one...

Many thanks in advance x

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you write in a setting in period as normally no notice or a week is needed in this case.

Mar 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow sounds like you have had a bad experience.

If you want to get out of the contract and cannot face 4 weeks notice and haven't specified a settling in period. It sounds like you have definitely made your mind up, just tell the family you are unable to continue working, apologize, if they persist just tell them it is personal and that you are very sorry to let them down but it is best for all concerned.

Don't do it if you don't want to, it's your like, your business, Good luck