what do you do.... help needed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what do you do.... help needed

My mindee has contracted hours mon to thurs 9 till 12.30 and holidays mon to thurs 9 till 4 full fees. Also full fees if they are on holiday or ill. She just asked about 6 weeks holidays. Ive never worked them before as i was working part time in an office during holidays. Now *****mind full time. She wants to know how i would charge as her ex said he would have child for a week in the holidays. I really need the cash to pay my morgage or ill loose my house. Am i right in thinking if her contracted hours are 9 till 4 during holiday time she pays me even if she decides her child is going to his dads for one week.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

unless you agreed something specific with regards to holiday in your contract then she pays you full fees.
    Otherwise we'd end up with no payment every time granny, uncles and aunts or whoever could help out.

What do your contracts say about holidays? Does it say parents pay full/half/no fee for their own holiday?
    I would say to her, our contract is for xxxx, you understand that that means even if he is with his dad you will still need to pay xxxx.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Yes full fees. I shall let her know x she put me on the spot and i said id get back to her xx

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    unless you agreed something specific with regards to holiday in your contract then she pays you full fees.
    Otherwise we'd end up with no payment every time granny, uncles and aunts or whoever could help out.

What do your contracts say about holidays? Does it say parents pay full/half/no fee for their own holiday?
    I would say to her, our contract is for xxxx, you understand that that means even if he is with his dad you will still need to pay xxxx.
    I agree. Full fees if that's what contract says

Post Thanks / Like

Same as everyone else

Do you say full fees in your contract when children are absent ? If so then full fees it is

Good luck

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Yes full fees for illness and holidays x