Advice please re. alternate day charges ASAP
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Advice please re. alternate day charges ASAP

I currently mind 3 children, these are full days, but each child is part time. I do have space but I'm not desparate to fill the vacancies, but obviously it would be nice. I've had a message asking if I have space for the following for a 1 year old:-
    2 mornings a week plus an alternate morning.

So the days required aren't full days (1/2 days). How would I charge for the alternate morning? A childminder friend of mine, who is not local, says due to the nature of childminding, she'd charge half if not full for the alternate day, especially as she requires half days too not full days.

Any advice ASAP would be much appreciated. I don't want to commit to anything before thinking it through.

Thanks.
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge full for that. You would be very lucky to find someone else that would want the opposite alternate day (if that makes sense) so I would explain that I am happy to do it alternate if that's what the parent wants, but they would have to book that space weekly and therefore pay for it x

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I currently only take children for a min of 6 hours a day that way it gives us a chance to go out for the day without having to rush back and also get the child into some sort of routine with you. But its what ever suits your circumstances. I would charge a little more than my hourly rate if it was a morning only space as your losing money unless you are able to fill the afternoon of find a after school child to cover the rest of the cost. For the alliterative morning i would also charge full as you can't really do anything with the morning they don't want the following week as they'll want it again the next. Hope that makes sense.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it was for a space I wouldnt be bothered filling then I would charge the hourly rate for it. Wouldnt want to charge full just incase the parent decided to use full time
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

5. Likes stargazer1 liked this post
    feb 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would charge them full fees for the three mornings they're using and half fees for the other two mornings to keep the space for them x

Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice all.

I e-mailed the parent back and she said she understood. So it seems she's interested in 2 mornings for definite but will have a think about the 3rd morning.

She's coming to see me tomorrow afternoon.

P.S. I charge a minimum of 5 hours a day and I've told her this in the e-mail, so there - she knows what's what before she comes.

Thanks!
    If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.