Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much do you charge?

Hey

i'm just wandering what people charge and in what area? Cos i do think what i charge is very low! xxxx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to find out what others are charging in your area as it can vary depending where you are. Have you looked on your local FIS website which normally lists the local childminders in your area or look on childcare.co.uk. In my area (east coast) the average is about £3.50 per hour in London and the south it can be a lot more.
    Pixie Dust

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

£6ph although I charge £55 for a full day (8-6) so reduces to £5.50ph & I'm in SE.

BucksCM Guest

I have 4 families and my charges are between £5 and £6ph.
    The newest is on £6 and that's what I'm quoting at the moment.
    I'm in South Buckinghamshire

Wanted to add that the charge is inclusive of meals, toddler groups and other low cost outings. Parents supply nappies and baby/weaning food...I supply the rest.
    Last edited by BucksCM; 18-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCM View Post
    Wanted to add that the charge is inclusive of meals, toddler groups and other low cost outings. Parents supply nappies and baby/weaning food...I supply the rest.
    Yes ditto I include everything

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Different parts of the country charge differently I would find out what your local childminders are charging and go from there
    Jo Jo

Aug 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in Bedfordshire and I charge £4.00ph. I charge £1.00 per meal.

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When setting it up I looked at what others charged in my area and went in the middle. It was generally £3.50 - £4.50 an hour so I charge £4. I charge an extra £1.50 for meals and also extra for outings but include toddler groups, suncream and snacks in my price. I am in the South East.

aug 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good in june
    Post Thanks / Like

Default chargesI

I live in the south west Devon I charge £4 per hour.Snacks I dont charge for.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

it really does vary i live in cambridgeshire and can only charge a rate of £3.75 but where i use to live in stevenage you could be charged any where between £4.00-£7.00 ph. My rates also include everything. I just think £3.75 is so low considering how much we have to do! xxx

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in wigan and charge between £3.50 - £3.75 an hour depending on if I have siblings and offer discount. People seem to charge similar amounts around here but include different things in their prices.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beckys CM View Post
    I live in wigan and charge between £3.50 - £3.75 an hour depending on if I have siblings and offer discount. People seem to charge similar amounts around here but include different things in their prices.

I live in Oxfordshire and charge £4.00 an hour plus £2 for home cooked tea.

feb 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie dust View Post
    You need to find out what others are charging in your area as it can vary depending where you are. Have you looked on your local FIS website which normally lists the local childminders in your area or look on childcare.co.uk. In my area (east coast) the average is about £3.50 per hour in London and the south it can be a lot more.
    Hi I charge £5.50 an hour all inclusive, 3 x full meals a day , all snacks, nappies, wipes etc, toddler groups and smaller outings, all arts and craft materials - we doa craft to go home everyday.. I work from 7 - 7 mon - fri. I live in farnham. I dont think this is too much as I am supplying everything.

Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in Mid Wales fee's here are between £3.50 - £5.00 per hour. I Charge £4.50 a hour and include everything all meals, snacks, nappies, wipes and most outings. I know a childminder not far way that charges £5.00 per hour and doesn't include anything. Its your call see what sort of service other people in your area are offering and how much they charge. My aim was to provide all inclusive childcare just like when you go on holiday i even have some mums that drop children off still in there pjs and i get them dressed. Its what ever works best for you. Don't forget your trying to make a living at then end of the day so think of your overheads too.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Leics and charge £3.50 and include food. Started 5yrs ago at £3 and put them up 50p in 2010

Its not a lot but at the moment I have a lot of kids (16) so my wages are decent (ish)

I always feel bad though giving out the invoices as some seem cheap but others seem high but at the end of the day £3.50 is a good price
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.