Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sibblings

Registered Childminder since
    Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sibblings

I was just wondering what every one charges regarding siblings. I only registered earlier this year and 2 of my parents are pregnant and want the babies to come along with older child when they return. I'm just after some advice about charging. Do you still charge your normal fee for both children or do any of you offer a sibling discount and if so how much.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

With me it depends how many hours they are going to be here. If it's part time then I charge the same fee for both children. if they are both full time then I do sometimes offer a small discount. If one is full time and one before and after school then I may offer a small discount off the school age child. It's up to you really. If the family gets help with childcare then I wouldn't usually offer any discount. Hope that helps.

June 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If the siblings are in the early years category I still charge in full for both children as they both take up valuable spaces.
    If they are older then I charge £3 an hour each instead of £3.50

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mindingmummy View Post
    If the siblings are in the early years category I still charge in full for both children as they both take up valuable spaces.
    If they are older then I charge £3 an hour each instead of £3.50
    I am the same x

oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge the same for siblings - to be honest I don't think it is much incentive offering 10% off if they already have a child in the setting they would probably place the new baby with you anyway? They still take up a place which could earn me full fee, if you see what I mean.

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Please don't do what we did (half fee for sibling) as we regret it and feel bitter. Worst mistake made.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to give a 50p discount for siblings but have stopped, I haven't put my fee's up in 2 years and realised that if anything siblings are if anything, harder work than children that don't know each other, and as I said to one mum when I was questioned, they still take up a space at my table and in my car, and if anything are a bigger risk should they leave. I still honour the discount to parents that I agreed it with before the change.

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont offer sibling discount and never have.

Although due to lack of work in this area recently i have reduced my full time fee (5days of 8hrs +) to slightly less than local nursery. I had a mummy who was using nursery and knew she would bring children to me if i reduced fee.