Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Weekend charges

Registered Childminder since
    Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekend charges

Hello everyone. I know most of childminders dont like the idea of working on weekends. But if you do or just ur opinion please, how much will you charge for 9-5 sat & Sunday kids age are 7 & 4.
    Thank you so muchhhh.....

sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I am def one who does not like to work weekends (i have children myself) but if i did have to do it as a one of I would charge time and a half rates but thats just me
    Tess1981

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess for me it depends on a few things?

is it every weekend?
    will the weekend will become part of your 'normal' working week so you have 2 set days off each week instead?
    how longterm is it for? temp? ad-hoc?
    do you value your weekends as family time, or suchlike, that working would encroach onto?

by answering these sorts of questions would let me decide if I was going to charge an increased rate, or just my standard rate.

sorry about the lack of capital letters - just couldn't be bothered when typing!

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I do some saturdays but not all, I charge £6hr on Sat & £4hr in the week.

I wont commit to every Saturday so I dont give them contracted hrs (although they have some for 2 mornings a wk), sometimes they go to Grandma & sometimes me! Works well for both parties

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I charge £5 per hour at weekends my normal weekday rate is £3.30 (although both are set to increase soon). Both me and my husband have worked shifts and know how hard it is with children to find care. Although I started as there were no other childminding enquiries at the time.

I do work every weekend, I used to have Friday off but don't now so am working 7 days which can be tiring. I only have one age 3 who I have had from 8 months and just does what the family do at the weekend. Hope I wont need to do it from next year

If you do decide to work weekends you will need to include more weeks off in your holiday ( the normal 4 weeks includes 8 weekends). And state that compulsory training often happens at weekends so you would need to take days for this in addition to your holiday.

Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for the response! I'm thinking to try it & see if I like it. I don't have mindee yet, but been offered a nanny job in the afternoon. I'm thinking to charge per child as that's what I charge on a weekdays. Is £7/hr per child fair enough? As nanny before I charge £10/hr. but thinking this is weekends. I should charge same but don't want to charge too much.

I can give discount so parents won't be put off. But I'm not goin to go lower than £6/hr per child.

Pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to add: it is every weekends.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fees

I work every Sunday and charge £7 per child and now see that it's a fair rate anyone new I will charge £8 as I have my own kids as well and I feel this a reasonable rate for what I do with the kids . Includes lunch and dinner and days out

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i work every other saturday and charge time and a half thats £5.25 per hour..£3 50 normal rates .i get a ten hour day so i usully get to go off and have a good day out,dont think i'd do it for just a couple of hours but worth it for a full day