Mum hasnt paid up!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mum hasnt paid up!!

Have been looking after child A since beginning of year - afterschoolie and school hols. Mum arrived 3 weeks ago and told me that she has got part time hours and would no longer need me. I have two weeks notice on my contract and Mum agreed that she knew she would have to pay me for the two weeks. The child was off (pre-planned) the following week (from Mum giving notice) and was meant to be with me the next (which would then have been his last week with me). Child didnt turn up and Mum hasnt replied to texts that she owes me two weeks pay in lieu of notice.

I dont think I will ever see this money (£170) .... is there any point chasing her and sending letters. I am insured with MM - do they send letters on our behalf?

Thanks for any advice.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmm If I were you yes, its a lot of money - she has signed and agreed the terms of termination - contact Mm they will advise you further, have you implemented the proceedures of non-payment as set out in your policies ? if no, I suggest that also what you do.

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NI MINDER View Post
    Have been looking after child A since beginning of year - afterschoolie and school hols. Mum arrived 3 weeks ago and told me that she has got part time hours and would no longer need me. I have two weeks notice on my contract and Mum agreed that she knew she would have to pay me for the two weeks. The child was off (pre-planned) the following week (from Mum giving notice) and was meant to be with me the next (which would then have been his last week with me). Child didnt turn up and Mum hasnt replied to texts that she owes me two weeks pay in lieu of notice.

I dont think I will ever see this money (£170) .... is there any point chasing her and sending letters. I am insured with MM - do they send letters on our behalf?

Thanks for any advice.

of COURSe its worth chasing - its money you are entitled to.

Its easy enough to write her a stern but polite letter reminding her of her obligations.
    Stop texting, put it all in writing

pmm me if you want help writing a letter

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, its your money that you are entitled to. Read up on the procedures for this but you need to write and give her a date as to when payment must be made - keep copies of all your letters.

Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pipsqueak for your help and the others who have posted. Letter sent - will keep you updated with what happens next

Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Update to above - letter was sent recorded delivery with payment requested before Satuday 15th - got a text on 13th saying "OMG just got your letter, you should hv rang me! Been flat out with ....... with get £ to you 2moro or Sun".

And guess what - still no sign of her!!!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would write another letter giving her 5 days more to pay.

I would say that if payment is not received then that late charges will be added making the total xxxx.

It will then be put in the hands of your solicitor to be recovered. When this happens and if the debt has to be recovered via Court that you need to warn her that this could affect her Credit Rating in the future and incur additional costs.

Apr 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks - will do that Rickysmiths