Babysitting fees
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Babysitting fees

I am currently researching the possibility of setting up a babysitting agency in my area and have been looking at charges for babysitting. I am amazed that as childminders working in our own homes, providing food, warmth, care, education etc, so that parents can work, we are being slated for charging £3 - £4 an hour. But people are prepared to pay £6+ an hour for a babysitter to come into their home, use their food and resources, so that they can go out for the evening!
    Oh well, who am I to argue, if it proves a viable business plan, I am quite happy to exploit it

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think parents are happier to pay more because it's not regularly, and only for a few hours

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge more for evening babysitting because i dont really want to work in the evenings, especially if its past my bed time of 10pm

Jun 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
    I think parents are happier to pay more because it's not regularly, and only for a few hours
    Exactly, paying four hours at £7ph for potentially two or three kids for an evening out is very different to paying £3 per hour for each child for fifty hours per week, every week.

Frankly some nights, if I could get a babysitter to come and look after my four for £20 for a few hours, I'd do it, even just to go and sit in the car on the drive and have some peace and quiet

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just done this... Been sat on publisher all morning while mindees are at playschool making up leaflets... quite pleased withmyself actually lol.

I asked around and most people are happy to pay it... especially as you are a childminder, you are CRB checked, have a paediatric first aid certificate.