Fee for siblings
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fee for siblings

Hi, im actually waiting for my Crb's to come back at mo, but a family friend of my partner has a daughter who has 4month old twins. The grandparents were asking me alot of questions and showing interest of how my setting will be run etc. She returns to work this Wednesday and the grandmother will have the twins temp until she sorts out childcare. Grandparents asked me how much i would charge ( which im thinking £3.50 p/h) but mentioned a sibling discount....... i hadn't even thought that far ahead as i only had pre-reg last monday. even so it got me thinking i need to get myself organised and i was wondering what/if others did discounts for siblings and how much?

Thanks in advance xx

Apr-08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fee for siblings

I don't give discounts and haven't been asked about discounts either. Personally I think that I would be selling myself short if I did. There are lots of ladies on here who do though and will be able to give you some advice.

April06
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of a minder that gave a discount for twins, say £5.00 for them both an hour.
    Mandy

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't give discount for siblings as the place could be used by a full paying mindee, more money for the same work

Sue

Post Thanks / Like

I charge £3 an hour per child

For the twins I mind I charge £5 an hour for both children so I give them a discount of a £1 an hour

Its up to you though whatever works best for yourself

Good luck

Angel xxx

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I minded before I gave a sibling discount. The other minders here do not give discounts so I won't either.

Perhaps I should say I won't advertise a sibling discount. Because having said that I will judge every case on it's own merit. We have a lot of parents in part-time training who do not qualify for tax credit help cos they are not working or college help cos the courses are part time. So if I was approached by one of them I may offer one. I also tell parents that their contracts with me are confidential and confidentiality works both ways.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 09-06-2008 at 11:26 PM.

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am like Julia (Tulip)

I don't advertise a discount for twins or siblings but if a parent asked then I would certainly consider it.

I think each case/family is different and I mke a decision accordingly.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to give a discount for siblings but don't anymore because I only have a limited amount of spaces, each child requires the same amount of work and parents now get more help towards their childcare fees than ever before.

But it really is up to you what you do - check out what other childminders and nurseries in your area do too

miffy xx

Aug2007
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I mind twins plus their younger brother.........the parent never asked for discount and I never considered offering it! I charge £3.50ph for each child regardless.

At the end of the day they are taking up spaces, plus I find the siblings harder work. They fight like cats and dogs, physically rolling around on the floor, more hard work than children from different families at times.

Plus you have to remember that if you lose one you lose both (or all 3 in my case) thats a big risk to my income in the long run.
    Lucy

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £3 and £2.50 per hour for the half-siblings I currently mind. I've recently decided to remove the sibling discount due to the money I'm losing. I totally regret offering a discount in the first place and wont do it again.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deeb66 View Post
    I am like Julia (Tulip)

I don't advertise a discount for twins or siblings but if a parent asked then I would certainly consider it.

I think each case/family is different and I mke a decision accordingly.
    same here
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, i used to offer discount but then i looked around and found that noone else did so i stopped, it hasnt put people of and noone has asked either! go with what you want to do xxxx
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!