Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: overnight fees

Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default overnight fees

Hello there,

I charge £6.50 for evening baby sitting, I was wondering what I would charge if I had the little ones overnight at mine instead of going to theirs.

Would I charge the £6.50 until midnight then another fee until the morning and then back to £6.50 from 7am till pick up?

I know I have to get permission from Ofsted for overnight.

Thanks

Moira

jumpinjen Guest

I charge my out of hours fee throughout the night for overnight at my house - I know other minders charge a set fee to cover the time the child will be with you - it depends really - my overnighter goes to bed at seven and sleeps through - I had another parents want me to have her child and not go to bed til ten pm There was no way i could do that and work a full day the next day after no down time and even my out of hours fee wouldn't have made it worth it for me!!! I started charging that was because her company was paying for it, I'd prob charge less if she was paying for it tbh - don't know if any of that waffle is any help or not!

Jen x

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Jen

I am really rubbish at charging people, I was going to charge less when they were sleeping, not more!
    I think I am too soft compared to other Minders and need to toughen up.

Thanks again x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5 year old that stays overnight with me 4/5 times a month and i charge a set fee of £35 (7pm - 7am, then my normal rate either side of that. I know another minder that charges £60 which i think is a bit much considering they are sleeping for most of it. Its up to you though really..
    Doodles

jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

hun do you mean you charge £6.50 per hour or £6.50 for the night???

i would deffo charge double your normal hours for babysitting and a lot more for over night care.

x

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished setting out my fees (mainly based on local CM charges) and have put overnight as £60 for 7-7 (discounted from£75 based on hourly rates) then usually hourly fees outside these so £6.25 8-6 Monday to Friday and £9.50 all other times inc weekends & bank holidays. I have looked after friends children on a non payment basis in the past when they went to a wedding and dropped off at 11am Saturday & collected 10am Sunday and based on my rates this would cost £164.50 which I would probably drop down to £150. (can't imagine anyone wanting this but you can but hope!