Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default parents tax cedits- please explain!

hi there, had a lovely lady visit, we got very well and she seemed very impressed, however i got a bit worried when she pointed to my EY reg number and said she would need this for her tc claim, i stated what i had been told a short while ago, that they had changed the process slightly and that the tax credit people ring or post a form directly to the minder for details of fees.Have i/ heard and told her the correct information?, would someone please tell me briefly how the system works, as im very aware of all the dangers of fraud that are around us nowadays, thank you very much in advance for your replies. would love to chat or meet up with anyone in the downham/catford area.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I'm not in your area but yes, she will need your EY number to make a tax credit claim.

I tend not to give mine out, I tell them it will be on the contract. However, its not the end of the world if they see it - its on my contract which is on display by my front door anyway!

Even if she does take your number and make a fraudulent claim, its not your fault - unless you also pretend that you are working for her. Its not nice when someone does that but don't worry. It won't come back on you.

Fingers crossed its a genuine enquiry and you get the work!

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    Sorry, I'm not in your area but yes, she will need your EY number to make a tax credit claim.

I tend not to give mine out, I tell them it will be on the contract
    same here!
    Good luck and fingers crossed you get the work
    Rach x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cat lady at 38 View Post
    hi there, had a lovely lady visit, we got very well and she seemed very impressed, however i got a bit worried when she pointed to my EY reg number and said she would need this for her tc claim, i stated what i had been told a short while ago, that they had changed the process slightly and that the tax credit people ring or post a form directly to the minder for details of fees.Have i/ heard and told her the correct information?, would someone please tell me briefly how the system works, as im very aware of all the dangers of fraud that are around us nowadays, thank you very much in advance for your replies. would love to chat or meet up with anyone in the downham/catford area.
    It is the parent who makes the claim, so they do need your number for that. They tell tax credits how much they pay on childcare and any money they receive is sent directly to them. Parents then pay you.

The tax credits people may phone you to check that you look after the child and confirm how much parents pay you. This is happening more often, but it's not guaranteed they will phone. The whole thing can be done without you really having any involvement at all.