Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Been accepted for EYT!!!

Ok slightly disbeliving and quite frankly a tad panicked but have been accepted onto an EYT course at Northampton from September. At the interview session last week the course leader said that they were still getting to grips with what the new standards laid down meant for us as practitioners esp. the link to KS1 etc.

Any suggestions for reading lists etc to get me started as am busy but the sooner I start the better it will be - I hope!

Sam x

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Snap Scared!!!
    Mum of three, 6,5 and 4. Now minding a few more too!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Snap Scared!!!
    Perhaps we should form a mini support group!

Sam x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ooh good luck girls. sure they will give you the reading list soon. if EYT is like EYPS then it won't be so much academic writing more evidencing what you do/will do so I'd hold off spending too much on books.

I'm just starting my PGCE and scared stiff!!!!!!!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    ooh good luck girls. sure they will give you the reading list soon. if EYT is like EYPS then it won't be so much academic writing more evidencing what you do/will do so I'd hold off spending too much on books.

I'm just starting my PGCE and scared stiff!!!!!!!
    Good luck juggler x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stapleton83 View Post
    Good luck juggler x
    thank you! x
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stapleton83 View Post
    Perhaps we should form a mini support group!

Sam x
    Good idea! Are you going to go to the Grantham sessions? I was slightly surprised that they have said I will need more time with the 0-2 age group, that is pretty much all I have at the moment!!! Haven't quite worked out how I am going to juggle that one!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christi View Post
    Good idea! Are you going to go to the Grantham sessions? I was slightly surprised that they have said I will need more time with the 0-2 age group, that is pretty much all I have at the moment!!! Haven't quite worked out how I am going to juggle that one!
    Yes going to the Grantham one, perhaps they have got it round their necks and once you chat it through will see sense. Where are you based?

Sam x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you x

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah!
    Live just outside of Northampton in Earls Barton. I'm hoping they will, if not it will have to be odd hours here and there and just squeeze them in somehow!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!! how exciting!

I expect you may get some reading lists once you start but my uni didn't give us any. I did mine along side 3rd year BA students on childhood studies degree.

My advice would be to look at the new standards and really familiarise yourself with everything. There will be loads of things you will feel really confident about and other things you may think hmm not so sure how I will demonstrate that!

So when I did it there was sustained shared thinking - think about how could you demonstrate it in a task or an observed activity? (I brought a book so that I really knew what I was talking about and gave me lots of ideas to demonstrate it sufficiently)

Also EYFS and other relevant documents and legislation such as SEN and Every Child Matters - I was not familiar with any of this so reading up and getting to grips with it all. I can't remember the new standards off the top of my head and they are quite different from the old ones.

Really excited for you - I have some training days coming up including a day on the new standards so if there are any questions that I can help with in anyway - just ask!

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just been accepted too! I'll be doing mine in the south west with Best Practice, a mini support group would be great.

Good luck to everyone starting this month

14. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    I've just been accepted too! I'll be doing mine in the south west with Best Practice, a mini support group would be great.

Good luck to everyone starting this month
    Hi Im doing it also at Derby Uni and had induction yesterday (Monday) we were given a sheet to get filled in ASAP to start thinking of evidence we have got/ can get to show we meet each standard, cross referencing can be done as each piece of evidence may prove we meet more than one standard also we can go back to last 3 yrs for evidence , I got excited and would love support group , speak soon H x

16. Likes Kelly liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

great idea to start getting your portfolio together. you can really pull together what you've got and what you therefore need to evidence strongly from your other evidence sources.
    I'm excited for you!

Aug 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYT Eastern Leadership Centre

Hi
    I have started the EYITT course for EYT at the eastern leadership centre. I am on the Graduate entry pathway since childminding has not worked out for me. i have had very few early years kids and not for very long (2 hours a week, 1 hour a day for 6 weeks) or 1 week for 2 children which abruptly finished when mum lost her job!

I am attending a study week this week at the Pen Green centre in Corby. then its trying to find suitable placements which i have nothing set up yet despite trying

if anyone wants me to I can try and give an overview of what happens on my study week. anyone else doing the GEP or doing theirs through eastern leadership centre??

Karen

Jun 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kareninluton View Post
    Hi
    I have started the EYITT course for EYT at the eastern leadership centre. I am on the Graduate entry pathway since childminding has not worked out for me. i have had very few early years kids and not for very long (2 hours a week, 1 hour a day for 6 weeks) or 1 week for 2 children which abruptly finished when mum lost her job!

I am attending a study week this week at the Pen Green centre in Corby. then its trying to find suitable placements which i have nothing set up yet despite trying

if anyone wants me to I can try and give an overview of what happens on my study week. anyone else doing the GEP or doing theirs through eastern leadership centre??

Karen
    Hi I'm doing the EYITT through ELC too but I'm on the UPP route as need to top up my foundation degree at the same time. The only bit I am worried about is providing evidence of leadership as I dont have any assistants and tend to sit back in our childminding group get togethers.

Emma.

20. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaBugsy View Post

Hi I'm doing the EYITT through ELC too but I'm on the UPP route as need to top up my foundation degree at the same time. The only bit I am worried about is providing evidence of leadership as I dont have any assistants and tend to sit back in our childminding group get togethers.

Emma.
    Hi you could share and lead practise of others on your course and visit their settings and use them to give a witness statement , share your policies / procedures etc I will be

22. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear of all of you embarking on EYTS I completed EYPS with Best Practice Network in May. You'll get reading lint soon but don't worry too much it's mainly gathering evidence, witness statements etc. I'm considering assessing for Best Practice Network.

Can't believe I signed up for Masters in early childhood studies a few days ago, moment of madness!

24. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

How exciting - Congratulations!

You'll get lots of advice and support for how to show leadership and it will be great! something as simple as sharing information with other practitioners, modeling effective practice to others on a joint activity that you have organised.

Good Luck with your placement - I am sure you will find something. Will the Easter Leadership Centre arrange settings for you to do your placements at?

Smiley - where are you doing your Masters in early childhood studies? I am doing some post-graduate credits but if i go on to get a post graduate certificate it will be in 'professional development' (!?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast