how to promote EYP status? putting letters after my name???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how to promote EYP status? putting letters after my name???

ok bit of a random question - but how should I promote my EYP status. I received notification that I have passed but not my certificate yet.

I took a photo of the letter and plastered it on my facebook page and will put it on my website celebrating and sharing my pass. BUT am thinking of putting the letters after my name (on my E-Mails automatic signature and maybe my facebook page) - will that look silly? Also what to write? what is the correct way of writing it? Will anyone actually know what it means?
    I'm obviously mainly wanting to use it to raise my profile and promote myself to parents - most of the people I know - even fellow professionals don't really know what it means!! Ultimately I'm also thinking if I want to change career or take on additional roles then it would be beneficial to put it after my name on communiaction.

I think putting the full title may be overkill!!

Also, and just to complicate matters further we were told that we will be able to call ourselves EYT - but having looked at the new standards this is being referred to not as Early Year Teacher but Early Years Teacher Status.

I graduated over 15 years ago and never put BA after my name but I know others did, i just felt it was irrelevant wheras now it is directly relevant to what i do.

Agggh confused!! Any help appreicated.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Firstly congratulations on getting EYP status - could you ask who ever you did with your training with eg: fellow students or lecturers what you are allowed to add after your name and where you add just the initials or the full title?

3. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thoughts, I usually put my name and BA (Hons) Early Years when I'm sending letters to my LA and answering consultations, writing to Truss, MP's etc but hadn't thought about EYP

That reminds me I have to respond to Best Practice Network about sending off £10 for a 'Early Years Teacher Status' equivalency certificate. Initially I was going to bother but have now decided I will for fear that nobody will take notice of my EYPS one!

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooops should have said 'wasn't going to bother'

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    Interesting thoughts, I usually put my name and BA (Hons) Early Years when I'm sending letters to my LA and answering consultations, writing to Truss, MP's etc but hadn't thought about EYP

That reminds me I have to respond to Best Practice Network about sending off £10 for a 'Early Years Teacher Status' equivalency certificate. Initially I was going to bother but have now decided I will for fear that nobody will take notice of my EYPS one!
    I am interested to know more about the equivalency certificate ... Went on the website ..but couldn't find info.
    Could you send me a direct link please?
    Thanks

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is something that just Best Practice is doing? Sounds interesting.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

my degree is in Religious Studies and Theology - don't think it will have the same impact when promoting myself as the EYP status lol!

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possibly only Best Practice Network who are offering this, has anyone contacted their EYP training provider?

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't received my original certificate yet so I've no idea what it will say. I don't even know if it will be Marjon certificate or university of Worcester as Marjon was a partnership uni and Worcester are the main uni.
    I'm going on a mentoring course and a day that covers the new aspects of the new EYT so will try and find out then.
    Think I'd be tempted to put on my CV if I was ever applying for a job Early Years Teacher and then in the bit where it explained about the course that I was awarded EYPS which is equivalent to the new EYT or put the other way round but either way explain it.

Although the EYPs is not that recognised I would hope recruiters such as pre-schools, nurseries, etc would know that its an equivalant award. Having said that with the new standards are more extensive as it links to key stage 1 more wit the phonics and numbers.