Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not long now....

I've done my 3 main assignments - got to get my 2 short tasks done and sort my portfolio! Also got to start thinking about my assessment day which is next month.
    I'm nervous about it. So much to do! I've got an idea for the observation activity but not sure! I just know what it was like when Ofsted was here and it was all manic and going wrong and that was just for a couple of hours - the assessment is 6 hours!!!
    I didn't realise I have to write a plan for my tour. Not sure what I'm going to do for whole 45 minutes!
    I've got 3 witness statements but I'm hoping to get 1 more.
    Its a nightmare going through all the paperwork and assigning the indicators. Think I may have the majority covered now though.
    We had our last prep day last week and were told as well as the indicator we need to put PP or LS - I'm really struggling with this. I'm pretty sure everything I do must be personal practice - even when I am leading someone else?
    And do I have to be leading someone else t be leading? Surely if I am leading my practice or introducing new resources or moving an activity forward as a childminder I am leading?!
    Don't know if I updated but I finally got a mentor and she is lovely so I'm hoping she might be able to help me with that although she can't make comments on the indicators.
    How is everyone else getting on?

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been working on assignments this weekend can't think straight now so will have to complete final one tomorrow. I've got 4 witness statements now, got most of the evidence uploaded for the standards. Then got to complete all necessary docs to upload for assessor before her visit in just over a week!

Not panicking yet but this time tomorrow night may be!

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

aww so exciting!! I hope everything goes well for you! Did you manage to submit your assignments all ok? I've got 3 witness statements but I'm hoping to get one more. I asked a mum and she said oh I thought I'd done this. she had read it but not printed it off. SO I had printed it off for her with information on the standards. she is now on holiday so not sure if she will remember!
    Let us know how it all goes! who are you getting in to look after the children while you are assessed?
    Best Wishes xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck honey xx
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I've come through the other side! Lol

My assessment visit was on Tuesday afternoon, I organised a later time so that I could have the final 30 mins after children had been picked up.
    The afternoon went well did the observation almost immediately and the assessor seemed very understanding and knowledgeable about how childminding settings work (nice change) It went fairly quickly and after the 30 minute observation the assessor who had hand written the observation sat at the table with her laptop. I did a sensory activity with water beads and this led on to making fake snow, child-led as I had previously used the water stand for the snow! It was fine, went with the flow but didn't expect to be playing with snow at the end of May! As you can imagine some of the water beads ended up in the snow, so plenty of burying, scooping and sustained shared thinking.
    The assessor thanked me for a lovely afternoon and had thorough enjoyed the sensory activities which she hadn't seen before.

I should get my certificate in a couple of months, it was lovely to hear her say in her opinion all the evidence etc meets all requirements and I am now an EYP. Going to wait for the certificate to see that in writing!

6. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

wow! well done you. sounds like you really impressed her. You are so lucky to find out there and then, friends of mine had to wait months to find out.

Go you !
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Fab news!! Congratulations!

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news well done. I was more nervous doing my EYP assessment than I was QTS. Found it much more stressful.