Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default breakdown of standards

I have a booklet from my provider that breaks down the standards and gives examples of the kind of documentation that can be used that demonstrates the different indicators. It has been like my bible while compiling my portfolio and really useful - if anyone is stuck on a particular indicator let me know and I can send the information on to you.
    Its also useful as it has a list of examples and then often it realises this is not applicable to childminders and has an example that says 'if you are a childminder you can use ........' Its very helpful!

So far I am still disillusioned with the whole thing especially as I thought I could clearly demonstrate most of the standards and was only worried about 7 and 8 (leadership and so on) but was then told when I do the written assignments to demonstrate knowledge of the 3 age groups not only do I have to demonstrate as many of the standards as I can but I have to show leadership throughout which means I can;t use any examples from the past 3 years as I wasn't leading anyone! Also need to find someone to 'lead' or mentor!!!Am thinking of taking an assistant and have someone coming to see me today about doing a work placement but that in itself is so time consuming!

Hope everyone else is getting on well with this! Would be good to hear how everyone else is experiencing it and any ideas as my provider has been a bit wishy-washy with actual details. I have prep day 2 tomorrow and my review day the week after! will let you know how I get on!

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first day yesterday but I'm still waiting for a password to be able to access the electronic system so can't get started yet! I came away very motivated and everything seemed much more straightforward than I thought.
    Time will tell