Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: multi-agency??

Registered Childminder since
    June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default multi-agency??

Hi - anyone else needing inspiration re multi-agency working? Think I might be heading for trouble...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Can you be a bit more specific and we'll try and help? If it's confidential feel free to pm me

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just panicking over EYPS! - contribution to multi-agency team working. Have been talking so far to tutor about one of our children who has quite severe problems with behaviour, am working with school & previous setting. But will this count? Mentor says no, not without a referral on. So need to look at other possibilities. Oh dear!

pre-reg
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I achieved EYPS in 2010 before the revised standards etc.
    I've just been having a look at the wording regarding multi-agency. When I did it, S36 was: Contribute to the work of a multi-professional team and, where appropriate, coordinate and implement agreed. It now says, 7.1 Understand the importance of and contribute to multi-agency team working. I'm assuming multi-professional and multi-agency mean much the same thing and they haven't changed it that much.
    I was on the full pathway and at that time, apart from my nursery placements, I didn't have much early years experience and definitely none working with outside agencies. My tutor said to go and find out/ask questions and then say how the information I'd gathered could be used in future (eg pass it on to Senco at placement setting as a suggestion for future use). I contacted my local children's centre and met up with the outreach worker, went to CM play and learn sessions, sat in on the baby clinic, spoke to the person that did music therapy and then went to another children's centre and helped out at a session for children of teenage/young parents.
    It obviously worked as I 'met' all the standards!
    Hope this helps.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure if you've sorted this but I asked a child's sure start worker to write me a quick summary of what we'd been doing, with notes on our meetings and what I'd done to support the child and parent on headed paper.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i think this is something else I will struggle with as although I work in partnership with other settings I have never had a problem or issue that I have needed to address by referring to another agency.
    I will have to look closely at this to make sure I meet the requirement.
    Good luck to you aswell!

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thankyou! and update

thankyou all! Yes, I'm doing last-minute writing & panicking since I seem to meet the standard (7.1) but confusingly not the requirement for the assignment (A3)! Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

Will let you know how it goes, esp BlueLion.

8. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you - I haven't had much time to look at this since I last posted - I haven't even been assigned my mentor yet and have only just been told how to claim the funding which needs to be submitted next moonth.
    I've got a prep day in 3 weeks and then my development and review day the week after that. I need to at least know what I'm doing for then so I can submit the form to my assessor. I know this is a terrible thing to say but I've lost interest - I've got more than enough going on and feel the requirements are so specific to a nursery/pre-school setting. It isn't what I expected it to be.

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelion View Post
    Thank you - I haven't had much time to look at this since I last posted - I haven't even been assigned my mentor yet and have only just been told how to claim the funding which needs to be submitted next moonth.
    I've got a prep day in 3 weeks and then my development and review day the week after that. I need to at least know what I'm doing for then so I can submit the form to my assessor. I know this is a terrible thing to say but I've lost interest - I've got more than enough going on and feel the requirements are so specific to a nursery/pre-school setting. It isn't what I expected it to be.
    Yeah, we felt that too - it really does seem to be very nursery-orientated. I've got my assessment this Thurs, so am nearly done...but trying to plan a 30 minute tour of my house is challenging!!! Maybe 10mins if we really stretch things out & walk VERY slowly?!

Hope your mentor's better than mine BTW. Saw her once, for 15mins, she spent the whole time looking at the clock

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no - I've only just seen this!!! How did your assessment go!?? I was told to show them things like RA's, childrens scrapbooks, the safeguarding policy and where first aid etc to bulk out tour. As I pointed out mine would only take about 5 minutes too!
    Still waiting on getting a mentor and on getting my funding through! My assessment window is June.