Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Lincoln are offering 3 hours free on Saturday's with 2 sessions per day, and it's free in July as booked on it today.

Angela
    Non childminder member
    Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA -Webinars EYFS review

NCMA have Webinars about the EYFS review I believe.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzle View Post
    I've just got a letter from my LA with 2 sessions to attend about the new EYFS. AND they've actually got 2 different time slots! Evening or day time!
    Hi Kezzle,

Im booked onto to those two sessions aswell, I have heard they're giving us a copy of the revised EYFS too at one of the sessions.
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am booked onto our 2 hour session on 27th June. Swindon council have put on sessions for about 200 childminders so it will be interesting who takes it up. Ours is free.

If you haven't heard from your council contact the EY section and ask as they may have something in the pipeline.
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ange1958 View Post
    NCMA have Webinars about the EYFS review I believe.
    They do but it costs about £80 to complete them all.

Aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

In Halifax, West Yorkshire there is a specific workshop for childminders all day on a Saturday and costs £25, that includes a copy of the book.

Angela
    Non childminder member
    Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Webinars

Has anybody done an NCMA Webinar? Are they any good?

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just arrived back from my revised EYFS training session and it was a waste of my time, we had copies of the statutory and practice guidance but we couldn't keep them (we have to print out our own!!) and the two trainers just read from these.
    Some questions were answered, some weren't answered and some childminders were told that a DO will be round to see them soon.
    Oh I did get a certificate saying I had attended but I have to write my own name on it!
    Sandy
    xx

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandCastles View Post
    Just arrived back from my revised EYFS training session and it was a waste of my time, we had copies of the statutory and practice guidance but we couldn't keep them (we have to print out our own!!) and the two trainers just read from these.
    Some questions were answered, some weren't answered and some childminders were told that a DO will be round to see them soon.
    Oh I did get a certificate saying I had attended but I have to write my own name on it!
    Oh My!! It's like we were at the same training but miles apart!!! We had training copies of the documents 1 between 2 or 3 (I had printed out my own copy and took that.)

I was shocked to find that I was the only one out of a room of 25 with my own copy of the documents required, and 1 of 3 who had even looked at it!!!!! Looks like I am better prepared than I thought. Next is looking at policies, procedures and paperwork to make sure I know what needs to be changed come September!!

Kathryn

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I attended a training course last night that was also such a waste of time. 2 hours of the woman reading from a sheet of paper, going through everything I have already read

I have learnt more from this forum and I was answering questions the other childminders had, as the trainers didn't know the answers!!!!

Honestly, anyone can read the guidance

mar 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i live in leeds doing mine on saturday and its free

july 20
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had training last night, it was free, we were given photo copies of the new guide lines etc and a cd rom with samples of paperwork etc on them. when I finally get to the end of the infinity files I will try to share some on here!

Oh and yes , she just kept telling us what hadn't changed and read from the books!

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Have mine next week it is free and only for an hour l can't see that much will be covered in that time especially with people jumping in and asking questions as they go along and they will not be able to over run as the next group starts with the same trainer as soon as ours finishes.

Jan 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile EYFS Training

Quote Originally Posted by GILLIAN H View Post
    i live in leeds doing mine on saturday and its free
    Hi Gillian

Im a childminder in Leeds also, and am really struggling to find some EYFS training? Can you tell me where you found out about it please? I need to have a look this week. Are there many changes? Havent looked at it as yet.

Thanks
    Rachel

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    I am booked onto our 2 hour session on 27th June. Swindon council have put on sessions for about 200 childminders so it will be interesting who takes it up. Ours is free.

If you haven't heard from your council contact the EY section and ask as they may have something in the pipeline.
    I was on the course today in Swindon. I have to say it was very interesting but was way, way too short. They had to race through the last half an hour which was all about the 2 year check and really could have done with being gone over in more detail. The Trio ladies did the best tutoring they could with what little information they had been given. Felt a bit sorry for them to be honest.
    Georgina x

Aug 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The trouble is that this forum (& others like it) provide so much wonderful information & support that any training you attend is going to be hard pressed to tell you something you haven't already learned on here! Members of any forums often find basic training disappointing because they are the ones who have gone to great efforts to find out for themselves. None of the EYFS trainers will have had much more than the docs themselves to work with so can't give us any more than that. They can't answer questions about variations & such like as they will not know as Ofsted & DES haven't issued official guidance yet.
    It's frustrating BUT give yourselves a pat on the back, and feel very very superior lol

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone who attended a course find them useful, Somerset put on 2 x
    2 hr sessions, I missed most of first one as was taken ill and had to leave - they seemed to be focusing on "the way that a child learns", have got a handout on that. The next session we had to take an observation we had done and re-write it using "the way that a child learns" info as well as the new headings for Stages of Development. We also had a quick quiz on new stat framework, the Nursery staff had taken a copy of the New EYFS but not the stat framework and none of the childminders took a copy of anything as not going to print it out until it has been finalised.

Didn't really learn anything on courses - sorry Somerset!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Just leaving in a min to attend my training. Will report back later

June 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We only have four courses you can book on but only 25 per course so only 100 places and there are well over 300 minders in my area!!! 2 course are in October and the other two are March next year!!
    Jules

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i had an EYFS session as part of a network childminder day the other weekend, and i had already booked on a revised eyfs day for today. i still went as i thought rthat sharing info with schools & nurseries/preschools would be interesting with different view points rather than just CM.

we were given a printed out copy of dev't matters and stat.guidance. i have now sat through the same power point twice, in the same length of time, although delivered very differently! the CM discussed it much more, and seem to have more of an understanding of what differences there will/will not be!

apparently there are also going to be eyfs evenings for childminders at each childrens centre in july.

we will get info on how North Yorkshire want/would like 2 yr checks done in the autumn term, and also the summative assessment system that is used will be updated come autumn. they are still waiting for some information to be released!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast